Low Milage Festival(?) Car on Ebay

Wow, that thing has (or has had) quite a few issues for a car with that many miles. I don't think it will bring super big bucks, but I do applaud the seller's honesty ...

EDIT: Check out eBay item # 230074721164 . It's doing better with similar days/hours left on the bidding. Higher mileage, but it looks to be the better car.

Eh, I find that the longer a low milage car sits, the more things that can go wrong when it's driven. Don't forget, Engineers design cars to be driven, not to sit. Dust and Rust will do alot of damage to electronics over time. Unless it has been stored in a Hepa Filtered, dehumidified bubble since 1989, there's no way to prevent dust and rust.

Wow, that thing has (or has had) quite a few issues for a car with that many miles. I don't think it will bring super big bucks, but I do applaud the seller's honesty ...

EDIT: Check out eBay item # 230074721164 . It's doing better with similar days/hours left on the bidding. Higher mileage, but it looks to be the better car.

Read the questions on # 290068725908 . . . One question asks to rate the interior and exterior on a 1-10 scale and he says 10 for both? :confused: And then one question asks about original owners kit, which is answered don't have, then the question is asked again and he says "yes have everything, window sticker, manuals, and maybe even more"??? This thing looks like a 100K+ mile car . . . . beware.

You might be onto something. The original ad looked to be very full disclosure, but the follow-up Q&A is getting very wishy-washy. How would you rate the exterior a 10 after talking about all the issues it has?

Mike M

Lets keep on track tho.

The TTA in the first post eBay Motors: Pontiac : Trans Am (item 160072072265 end time Jan-15-07 16:28:30 PST)

is a very nice car. It is the seller that seems to be too descriptive about the flaws. These cars were 15k dollar cars turned into 32k dollar cars, so they all have flaws. I believe Lee's last TTA was taken straight to a body shop after it was purchased and had quite a list of things to be sorted out including a paint job. That seemed to be the "perfect TTA'' when it was all done.Maybe Lee can chime in for himself and add to this(pics maybe).:smile:

Does any body remember this car being on Ebay a few months back? I seem to remember the goofy used car lot "89" on the windshield on that listing. I know that car was in the same area. I think it closed bidding in the low thirties. My wife says my memory is going this may be proof.

Does any body remember this car being on Ebay a few months back? I seem to remember the goofy used car lot "89" on the windshield on that listing. I know that car was in the same area. I think it closed bidding in the low thirties. My wife says my memory is going this may be proof.
Maybe you're thinking of this one..which has been on there several times and meets reserve but the seller still doesn't sell it cause he was bidding it up himself or his buddy was
eBay Motors: Pontiac : Trans Am (item 260030464412 end time Sep-15-06 17:31:38 PDT)

Eh, I find that the longer a low milage car sits, the more things that can go wrong when it's driven. Don't forget, Engineers design cars to be driven, not to sit. Dust and Rust will do alot of damage to electronics over time. Unless it has been stored in a Hepa Filtered, dehumidified bubble since 1989, there's no way to prevent dust and rust.

Well, 3 years ago I used to think that too, but now I'm on my THIRD Low Mile TR (one Limited, one TTA, and the '86 in my sig) since April of 2004 and I've found that to be FAR from true, the Limited had 5800 on the clock when I picked it up, and Sold it at 10,500 a year and a half later, LOVED it, Raced it (Mid 12's) ZERO issues..the TTA had 10,800 on the clock, and sold it a year later with 15,000, again Loved it Raced it (Low 12's) a VERY few minor issues (fusible links) and now this '86 I got a month ago with 6600 on the clock, after doing the Fluid & Filter flush dance, Fuel pump, etc., I've put ~250 FUN miles on it, and LOVE it..other than the Limited they all had Good Storage (this '86 BY FAR the best storage) and they all Run/Ran like Brand new cars...so thats been my VERY POSITIVE Experience anyhow :smile:

This is one of the lowest mileage Festival TTAs I have seen yet. Everything that is wrong can be fixed with little effort.

I will be watching it very closely! ;)

- Dave

Well that was a shocked, at least to me. The TTA that was on eBay with less than 6K miles (and in much better shape than the lower mileage festival car also on eBay) sold.

The seller had the auction to almost 18K, and then put up a Buy It Now for $23,500. Had I have seen that, I might own another TTA! Someone got an incredible deal there, assuming the car is as represented of course.

I think less than $24K for a 6,000 mile TTA in great shape is pretty much giving it away. Let's hope that doesn't continue :)

How come the number is written in black? I thought they were all done with like a red wax marker.

I think less than $24K for a 6,000 mile TTA in great shape is pretty much giving it away. Let's hope that doesn't continue :)

Actually thats a Little High for a Standard TTA (by standard I mean not a Hardtop, Cloth interior, etc.) it seems like 5k+ mile TTA's are going for ~$20k.
Less than 5k would be more...I paid ~20k for my 6k mile 'T and as we all know
'T's and TTA's are about even (pricewise). GN's are MUCH more though of course...

I thought the 5K mile TTA that sold for $23.5 was about right. A 4700 mile TTA sold last fall for $26K. That one seemed high. But I am not complaining. :biggrin: The more these cars sell for the better for us.

I thought the 5K mile TTA that sold for $23.5 was about right. A 4700 mile TTA sold last fall for $26K. That one seemed high. But I am not complaining. :biggrin: The more these cars sell for the better for us.
That's how prices start creeping up...someone pays the higher than normal price..before you know it, thats the norm.... I remember when low mile GNX's could be had for around $30k....wished I would have had the storage and the $$ back then to have bought 10 of them...I'd be retired by now :)

That's how prices start creeping up...someone pays the higher than normal price..before you know it, thats the norm.... I remember when low mile GNX's could be had for around $30k....wished I would have had the storage and the $$ back then to have bought 10 of them...I'd be retired by now :)

My buddy could have bought a 20K mile GNX in 2000 for $22K. But he was top busy wasting his money on Ford Products. I remind him daily. :D

Not to mention, I bought my 5200 mile TTA for less than $15k back in 2001 :) but now it has 15k miles cause it was soo fun to drive ;) and I put 1200 miles on it driving it home from CA.

Well in AUGUST of 2006 I sold my Super Mint 15k Mile TTA for only $17,900, had it on Both Boards AND Ebay SEVERAL times(deadbeat bidders, etc.), and I bought it for 18k from a Classic Car Dealer, who had it in his Showroom for FOUR Years without ANY bites (besides me) so I really think ~20G is the MOST anyones gonna get for a +5kmile Standard TTA for now...who know's in the next 5 years though...