Low Milage Festival(?) Car on Ebay

Not to mention, I bought my 5200 mile TTA for less than $15k back in 2001 :) but now it has 15k miles cause it was soo fun to drive ;) and I put 1200 miles on it driving it home from CA.

I remember back when you had the choice to get a race car for 10K or for 15K you could have a super nice low mile TTA. I wont get into the GNX's....That just makes me sick.

Those days are gone for sure.

That car for $23.5 was a good deal for todays market.

I remember back when you had the choice to get a race car for 10K or for 15K you could have a super nice low mile TTA. I wont get into the GNX's....That just makes me sick.

Those days are gone for sure.

That car for $23.5 was a good deal for todays market.

Uhhh..read 2 posts up...I sold a Super Nice low mile TTA for 17.9 back in August, 6 months later it's worth 23k...don't think so....
Remember ONLY GN's are bringing big bucks...

Uhhh..read 2 posts up...I sold a Super Nice low mile TTA for 17.9 back in August, 6 months later it's worth 23k...don't think so....

And YOU set the market?:rolleyes:

What else do you have for sale?:biggrin:

Well in AUGUST of 2006 I sold my Super Mint 15k Mile TTA for only $17,900, had it on Both Boards AND Ebay SEVERAL times(deadbeat bidders, etc.), and I bought it for 18k from a Classic Car Dealer, who had it in his Showroom for FOUR Years without ANY bites (besides me) so I really think ~20G is the MOST anyones gonna get for a +5kmile Standard TTA for now...who know's in the next 5 years though...

it really depends on your area and how well it's presented in my opinion. I have a hard time buying a car without seeing it in person. Also some people will sit on the car and ask a higher price, and in the cases where the car has less than 5k miles the number of TTAs left with less than 5k miles is very low. It's almost like buying a 70 Chevelle SS, you can get a 396 for much cheaper than the LS6 454 because there are fewer 454 cars and the bring in the collector crowd. I think a 5k mile or less TTA should bring $25k+ to the right buyer, a 10k-20k mile TTA should bring $20k+, and 20k-30k should be around $16k of course all of these scenarios are top notch quality. Personally my car has about 21k miles on it and I've put a lot of work into cleaning it up and I wouldn't sell it for a dime less than $20k, I know it may be a little on the high side but I think for the condition of the car it should bring that much.

Also, does anyone know the answer to my previous question about the red or black number under the license plate?

That's crazy talk :) Just because you sold one for $18K doesn't reset the entire market. And the regular GN cars have slowed down a bit, value wise. Maybe even dipped from what I've been seeing. I've been looking for one with less than 2K miles, but haven't managed to nab one at a price I like. But if I find someone selling one to my specs for $17.9K, I'll be all over it!

Mike M

it really depends on your area and how well it's presented in my opinion. I have a hard time buying a car without seeing it in person. Also some people will sit on the car and ask a higher price, and in the cases where the car has less than 5k miles the number of TTAs left with less than 5k miles is very low. It's almost like buying a 70 Chevelle SS, you can get a 396 for much cheaper than the LS6 454 because there are fewer 454 cars and the bring in the collector crowd. I think a 5k mile or less TTA should bring $25k+ to the right buyer, a 10k-20k mile TTA should bring $20k+, and 20k-30k should be around $16k of course all of these scenarios are top notch quality. Personally my car has about 21k miles on it and I've put a lot of work into cleaning it up and I wouldn't sell it for a dime less than $20k, I know it may be a little on the high side but I think for the condition of the car it should bring that much.

Also, does anyone know the answer to my previous question about the red or black number under the license plate?

My cloth t-top tta has the number 33 in BLACK marker under the rear liscense plate.

Attachments

• 331.jpg
    331.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 332.jpg
    332.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 157
Thanks ttafan.

That car on E Bay is at $24,700 and 40min to go. Very cheap at that price. We'll see in a bit tho.

$25,339 thought it would have went a little higher then that for a festival car! :eek: They are climbing up but their day has not come yet. :cool:

Agree. I think the timing was wrong for one and he had a phone number listed, so he could sell it to anyone. I have personally sold more cars and stuff on ebay by doing this. Kinda like an advertisment for 1 week.

I would think the car is easily in the mid thirty's and climbing.

$25,339.00 is too low for this car. These cars are still seasonal and they sell better in after March through October. I remember a 2800 mile Cloth/T-Top car which sold last summer for $30K and their was some doubt to it being a Festval car.

- Dave

Around here, the collector car market has been soft for the past 8 or 9 months. Plus, the dead of winter is no time to be selling one of these cars. I would think that this car would go for close to $30k in the springtime. Now is the time to buy one.

Around here, the collector car market has been soft for the past 8 or 9 months. Plus, the dead of winter is no time to be selling one of these cars. I would think that this car would go for close to $30k in the springtime. Now is the time to buy one.

I understand the logic.....but.......isn't that kind of assinine? The car only has 1,200 miles! It's not going to get driven anyway! So, as far as that goes, the season shouldn't matter............even if it seems to.

MrBuick is right.. You won't see a soft market on a 70 GSX anytime of year when a mint one is bringing 145K plus! A car is only worth what someone will pay for it no matter what time of year. There is also a a$$ for ever seat and a price to pay to put that a$$ there.. These cars have not seen their day yet and hopefully someday will. But untill then you'll see what happend with this car over and over. It's a buyers market still for these cars. I still think it should have went at least over 30K and someday it will...