Low Milage Festival(?) Car on Ebay

I thought that was a great sell price. Especially since it had a cracked wing. I have a car almost identical to that one. My car has 12.8K on it, but no cracked wing. And some good mods. Including a THDP. :biggrin:

Well, from the BarretJ post, $30k for an 87 GTA and this Festival car can't go above $26k...and then this TTA with more miles and not a festival car gets over $26k...althought I think its fishy anytime someone with 0 feedback is the winner or buy it now buyer...
But then again..I had 0 feedback when I bought my TTA on ebay...so I don't know why I have that feeling...
eBay Motors: Pontiac : Trans Am (item 170071505776 end time Jan-18-07 21:08:07 PST)

I know the guy who sold this car. He is on this board. Maybe he will chime in. The buyer wired the money the next day. So it was legit.

I know the guy who sold this car. He is on this board. Maybe he will chime in. The buyer wired the money the next day. So it was legit.
Good deal then! At least for the seller. Just wonder why that buyer wouldn't have wanted a festival car with less miles...but of course who knows what the reserve was for that festival car too..but at least he could have bid on it.

I think the "issues" that the Festival car had lowered the bids. Seems like an awful lot of little things wrong with it for a 1200 mile car. The 6K mile one was prefect. Except it did not have an owners kit.

I think the "issues" that the Festival car had lowered the bids. Seems like an awful lot of little things wrong with it for a 1200 mile car. The 6K mile one was prefect. Except it did not have an owners kit.
I guess to someone not familar with these cars those issues may have seemed abnormal..but, you let a car sit without ever energizing the fp for months/year on end and it has a good chance of sticking, especially with a weak battery. I've seen them stick before, but it you apply a good health 12+v on the fp relay feed wire it will alot of times unstick it, they probably didn't know better and replaced the pump. The other issues were minor switch items and paint scratch, normal as that could happen in storage, all of mine have a small ding from something falling on it in my cluttered garage :)
Glad your aqaintance got the $26k for that car, thats great, wish I hadn't have driven mine a little and put 10k on it, or mine would still be under 6k miles and bring a nice price when I'm ready to part with it...guess I'll keep waiting till its over 20 years old :)
Thanks for letting us know that was a legit buy

I agree. The Festival car only had some minor things wrong with it. But I think those little thing stopped it from getting top dollar.

Well, from the BarretJ post, $30k for an 87 GTA and this Festival car can't go above $26k...and then this TTA with more miles and not a festival car gets over $26k...althought I think its fishy anytime someone with 0 feedback is the winner or buy it now buyer...
But then again..I had 0 feedback when I bought my TTA on ebay...so I don't know why I have that feeling...
eBay Motors: Pontiac : Trans Am (item 170071505776 end time Jan-18-07 21:08:07 PST)

2quick yes that was my car on ebay that sold for 26,500 i thought buyer was a deadbeat bidder at first but he contacted me about 6 hours later and 15 min after we spoke the funds were wired into my account, and car is on its way to vegas, as far as that 1200 mile festival car i think it had too many issues and i thought my 6100 mile car was in much better cond,