low pressure ?

bnewsom

First of all thanks to all the answers you guys have given in the past.

I checked my pressures due to odd shifting and shudder in manual 1st. Got the following readings no tv/full tv drive: 90/120, reverse 120/150 neutral 90/1??, drive 90/120, 3rd 90/120, 2nd 40/??, 1st 40/??.

Dropped pan and found the tube was out on one end. Will putting the tube back in solve the pressure issue? I have a fresh 10 vane pump and larger boost valves but cant recall exactly which ones.

Anything else I should check while its open?

Thanks,

Bob

I assume you are talking about the transfer tube on the valve body. If one end was out then that would be your problem in manual low. Did you forget to put the retainer clip on the tube?

Mike - thanks for the reply. Yeah, I left the clip off when I was in it about 2 years ago. I've just recently got the car together enough to drive.

So will the tranfer tube beeing off bleed of enough pressure in all gear positions to give me lower readings across the board with full tv?

I just want to be sure I don't have a second problem before I put the pan back on. I'd rather eat worms than pull a tranny pan.

Thanks!

The transfer tube will only affect the manual low gears. Low pressure in drive is another issue. :(

Got the transfer tube back on with the clip. Took out boost valves and polished them with some 1500 grit paper just to say I did something.

Pressures are good and shifts are firm.

Thanks for the help.

Bob