Lower Rear Control Arms

Westriver87

I have a question about HRs LCA's. On the HR website it says they are recommended for high horsepower cars with limited street use. I know the longer arms will affect the pinion angle, but it can be adjusted back with adjustable uppers. So why not use for a street car application to help traction? I'm just trying to get the best setup whether it be stock length or the longer arms. I did email HR but they haven't got back with me yet. Thanks for the help

Not sure why it matters unless they don't use poly bushings in the particular model.

I believe it is because of the pinion angle. I installed them on my car with the stock uppers in place, and there still wasn't enough pinion angle. I drive mine on the street.

Unless your hammering the tires to the track...stay with the bushings on the lowers and get adjustable uppers. Low 10's or 9's need the longer arms. Many have boxed the factory arms and hit 1.5 60' times. That's hookin.
Add the missing bushings and GNX rear seat brace before you go for 800hp trailing arms.
I'm all for chassis mods before engine mods. Your on the right train of thought. If you have the cash...buy them. I built mine just to day I did.
Paul at HR is top notch. He is prob getting ready for Norwalk that's why he hasn't answered.

I believe both the stock length and the longer arms both have the same bushings. I already have the HR bar, built rear, etc. The car is only a mid 11 second car at the moment, but in the process of a motor build. However, I am still running the car while we're building the motor. I still have unboxed stock arms so its time to either box them or go for aftermarket arms. I'm trying to build the car to handle the future power and am looking for the right setup. Just trying to keep from buying things I don't need.

I know the longer arms will affect the pinion angle, but it can be adjusted back with adjustable uppers.
If someone is interested, I have a set of H&R part # 0201 lower rear control arms for G-body + 1/4'' custom length (adds 1.5 degrees pinion) : $150.
(These sell for $249. !)...

Claude. ;)

If someone is interested, I have a set of H&R part # 0201 lower rear control arms for G-body + 1/4'' custom length (adds 1.5 degrees pinion) : $150.
(These sell for $249. !)...

Claude. ;)

You're killin me here smalls lol. Wish i had the extra cash availible. I do but its spoken for at the moment... :(

I spoke with Paul a while back and he said the longer lower arms were to correct pinion angle and the adjustable uppers fine tune it. I think. Its been a while. Im looking to do something with mine but I want to see how the new setup runs first at the track. Building my first engine right now.