You can type here any text you want

Ls-1...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

I know, slightly OT, but I just bought a 2003 LS-1 Corvette motor (E-Bay) to put in my '47 Ford Coupe. It came W/O wiring or ECM, so I was able to snag a '97 'Vette engine harness, too. I'm undecided as to run the new Edelbrock carb'ed setup with timing box, stock wiring/ECM (incomplete), or just buy an all new DFI Gen VII or Fast XFI system. I love a turbo and may eventually pursue this, but want to get up and running as easily as possible first.

Thoughts, please!

The 97 corvette wiring harness & ecu will not work with the LS-1 motor they are different animals. The last time I checked the DFI did not have a plug & play unit with harness. The XFI has a plug & play listed but is not ready yet.
( correct me if I'm wrong on this). The Big Stuff 3 has plug & play units and they work very good. All of the stand alone systems will support a turbo set up at any time later. As for the Edelbrock unit do you realy want to go back to a Carb ?

'97 C5 harness won't work with the different items on an '03 C5 engine. The '03 has different sensors, etc, and the easiest thing to do would be a painless wiring harness that lets you use a '98-'99 f-body ECM. Switch to an f-body throttle body which lets you use a cable for throttle. A stock LS1 tune will be a good baseline, but you can get a good dyno tune from an LS1 performance shop. In TX you have MTI, one of the better tuners in your area from what I've heard, try giving them a call and see what they think.

Dangit! I thought the only difference was the drive-by-wire throttle body and everything else was the same. Oh well, guess it can go back out on E-Bay.

I'm thinking XFI, but the guy I bought the motor from is very much anti-FAST and pro-DFI. He gave me some reasoning, but I don't recall much of it... I'm still quite a ways away from getting up and running, but still like to plan ahead as much as possible.

The carb setup is (relatively) cheap and easy to setup, just bouncing ideas at this point...

Thanks for your input(s)

Back