You can type here any text you want

LS engine in a GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slick87gn

Has anyone did this swap. Might be feasible if you sell the old engine and tranny. Maybe even utilize the turbo. I have a '87 that is probably going to need a rebuild anyway. The ls might be a cheaper route especially if you pick up one of the Truck LS.

Has anyone did this swap. Might be feasible if you sell the old engine and tranny. Maybe even utilize the turbo. I have a '87 that is probably going to need a rebuild anyway. The ls might be a cheaper route especially if you pick up one of the Truck LS.:confused:

I am sure it will fit.
Just don't run a stock long block & turbo it & expect to run a lot of boost & expect it to last a long time.

The rods & pistons are the weak link. Cannot tolerate much detonation,especially if your boosting it.

W/a Ls turbo engine,it will be very fast as compared to a stock V-6.

I am sure it will fit.
Just don't run a stock long block & turbo it & expect to run a lot of boost & expect it to last a long time.

The rods & pistons are the weak link. Cannot tolerate much detonation,especially if your boosting it.

W/a Ls turbo engine,it will be very fast as compared to a stock V-6.

I dont know what you mean by "stock long block" and "lot of boost" nut we did a 5.3 turbo swap in my bro's 69 chev a while back and run a S400 on it with 14 PSI and alky runs great and was BONE STOCK! cleaned it up from the junk yard and stuck it in and ran if for quite some time! He has since cammed it and put in ARP fasteners along with different valve springs, ported the oil pump, and 6.0 heads. Other than that still stock block and rotating assembly.

Its also an easy swap in a Monte Carlo SS, and it was very easy oil pan swap and home made engine mount adaptors and trans cross member, we make our own harnesses not sure how you will do it. There is always Speartech Fuel Injection Systems they made our harness for our first ever LS swap.

-Dan

Everyone will have a story that, "my longblock is all stock & it runs a lot of boost & never had a problem.
But when the engine blows up,,,those guys usually do not post & say,hey, I just blew up my stock engine.

If your tune is correct,it will last a while.

That's not a lot of boost.
My Syclone runs that stock & dont GN's run 14?

You can run that much boost,but don't ever let it detonate @ that 14 psi.
Dont ever let that meth stop working.
Most Ls guys run up to 10 or so psi on stock engines,then they get greedy & try some more,then kaboom,pistons let go,rods break,& rods will bend w/detonation also & not the piston in every case.

My friend hears & sees a lot of stories about boosted stock & built LS engines & believe me they blow up good.He gets there cylinder heads after the fact when they blow up there stock engines & even built engines. He is well respected & LS forums & most guys know of him.

I've seen a bent stock but boosted LS rod that bent from detonation,not pretty,but the engine did not blow up luckily.;)

BTW. how fast is your bros 5.3 Chevelle w/the Borg Warner old school turbo?

Also, are you friends w/that guy w a turbo Syclone (stock longblock) LS 6.0 that blew up his engine after he turned up his boost pressure to 10 PSI?

I dont know what you mean by "stock long block" and "lot of boost" nut we did a 5.3 turbo swap in my bro's 69 chev a while back and run a S400 on it with 14 PSI and alky runs great and was BONE STOCK! cleaned it up from the junk yard and stuck it in and ran if for quite some time! He has since cammed it and put in ARP fasteners along with different valve springs, ported the oil pump, and 6.0 heads. Other than that still stock block and rotating assembly. -Dan

Back