LS Turbo Conversions- Has anyone done these but kept the AC? ?

DMAC

I am thinking about buying a roller that I came across for a LS turbo version . most of the ones I have seen so far don't have AC . Anyone done these and kept the AC ?

I have not seen one, you would probably need the Sanden kit. Stock compressor location will not clear.

Here is a couple..
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...55-turbo-into-1986-el-camino-running-now.html

It is certainly an easier route to ditch the a/c. I think the best way to go about keeping a/c is to take advantage of the low mount compressors that come on ls engines from the factory. They leave you all sorts of room for the turbo in the typical spot where a sanden top mount would go. Their are a few obstacles to overcome when it comes to using the low mount compressor though. First, typical setback plates with clamshell mounts wont clear the compressor and you will have to make your own motor mounts or use the spohn type motor mounts that the third gen guys use (this is what I'm going to try). Second, the compressor may not clear the crossmember, however the frame can be easily notched. The truck accessory drive is offset farther forward than the vette or f-body accessory drives and may not require a notch at all. I am also interested in seeing more builds with A/C and inner fenders, so post them if you see them.

Attachments

• g-body turbo.jpg
    g-body turbo.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 431
AZGN has a in-dash kit, featuring the Vintage Air unit. It allows for elimination of the engine comp unit, allowing an easier LS install..
Try a search........