LSX swappers... how's it going?

mjdwyer23

Woosh WaGoN
Preface: This is not a thread to discuss whether or not removing the turbo 6 is "ruining" your GN. This is a thread to discuss projects/challenges/brainstorming.

To all those who are swapping LS-platform motors into their cars (turbo or not), how's everything coming along?

I am considering doing a LQ4/9/LM7 swap in the future along with a 4L80E or T56. There is a ton of community-based and aftermarket support for these motors, and I would like to find the best of both worlds between my favorite cars and the newest technology. I would probably start with an NA motor to get it running correctly before modding it. I think it would be really cool to have a stock-looking motor with a "stock location" turbo and frontmount to finish off the combo. Just thoughts on paper right now, we'll see where it goes!

Matt,
I dont think you are going to find anyone that not many have such a combination built. Cal Hartline has parted out his LS 1 GN . There is another member here that did it and was selling his car recently. He documented it well.

Ithink its a great swap and there is plenty of knowedgable and resourcefull members here to help you along.

Really? why doesn't Cal like LS power,He does'nt think they have that much potential or it's not what most of his customers run.

Thats not the case at all. I believe hes awaiting certain things to get lined up and Im sure he wll be back with LSX power.

Yep I'm very familiar with that thread! I feel like there has been a lot of buzz lately about doing this swap, so I was trying to see what everyone else had cooking!

ITSNOTAGN's car was definitely sweet, that thing cooked without trying! What about a 6 liter with a procharger?

Heres mine. I was gonna run the T-56 but decided on a nasty th-400 with a 3100 stall instead. I'll probably regret it later but for now the 400 is alot of fun. The car is running n/a right now while I work some issues out.

Attachments

• top inst.jpg
    top inst.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 537
  • crossoverdone.png
    crossoverdone.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 545
I built them. It was my first set and I couldn't be happier with them. All I used was a chop saw, 110 mig, die grinder and some basic hand tools. They are 16ga mild steel with 1/2" flanges and VHT 2000* header paint.