lt1 motor + 160#inj. ?

tubby

anyone running 160# injectors on an lt1? just wondering what inj. constant you used. i went from 1.2 on 75# down to .6 for the 160's. does this sound right? car seemed to respond much better especially down low/idle.

I think you are talking about the injector opening time. If so, then I would set it for around 1.0 if you are running a 12 volt system and around .8 to .9 if you are running a 16 volt system. If you are talking about the injector constant, I wouldn't go much lower than 145.

What kind of power are you looking to make with 160#ers?
96#ers would take a V8 well int ot he eights i believe

yeah that's what i meant inj. open time. what if i make that number like .6? i did and it seemed to like it. the motor is supercharged and 96# inj. probably would have fit the bill but i plan to go further and didn't want to have to buy injectors again.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
What kind of power are you looking to make with 160#ers?
96#ers would take a V8 well int ot he eights i believe

I just switched out from the 96lbs.injectors and went to 160's .

Car ran 8.9's @159 110-125% duty cycle:eek: hence the upgrade to 160's.

3450 lbs raceweght

Originally posted by Z8's
I just switched out from the 96lbs.injectors and went to 160's .

Car ran 8.9's @159 110-125% duty cycle:eek: hence the upgrade to 160's.

3450 lbs raceweght

How in the hell can you have injectors working at 110-125% duty cycle :rolleyes: Injectors can only opperate at 100% duty cycle and if they are doing that you are getting ready to break parts. Drew

i swear i've seen over 100 on mine before i upgrade my fuel system. about my earlier question, anything wrong with running .6 on the injector open time?

Originally posted by 65vette396
How in the hell can you have injectors working at 110-125% duty cycle :rolleyes: Injectors can only opperate at 100% duty cycle and if they are doing that you are getting ready to break parts. Drew

Who pissed in your cereal?
Because you have never seen it happen it cant! BS
I just checked my logs and yes 7150 rpm and 119% duty cycle ! so you explain it to me ?

I could email you the log if you would like.I dont BS so keep your comments to yourself:rolleyes:

Have a nice day:)

I helped with a V6 twin turbocharged car that weigherd 3000#s run high 7s in the 1/4 with 96#ers:eek:
Of course he was nt running a belt driven mechanical pump and some high fuel pressure

can anyone shed some light for me on this inj. open time? is .6 bad or unusual?
thanks

You can see over 100% duty cycle on the log, but you can't achieve it.

As for the .6 injector opening time. Is it bad?... No. Is it unusual?...Yes. I don't know your specific combination, but it COULD just be a band aid, for an improperly tuned map.

FWIW: On high hp blower motors, I usually set the static fuel pressure higher.

What are you running your fuel pressure at? also is your pressure coming up # for # with boost?
This is very important

i went lower on the fuel pressure. from 43 to 38. thinking it would help in the idle/low end tuning. it seemed to help. thats where my problems are. basically idle surging and hard starting (loading up)and when letting off the throttle it almost wants to die. all seemed to get way better with the .6 but like you said might be a band aid. i would rather the tune be right. pressure seems to come up fine with the boost. none of these problems surfaced until the larger injectors.
thanks

Originally posted by Z8's
I just checked my logs and yes 7150 rpm and 119% duty cycle ! so you explain it to me ?

I could email you the log if you would like.I dont BS so keep your comments to yourself

Originally posted by HighPSI
You can see over 100% duty cycle on the log, but you can't achieve it.

Here you go Mr. I don't BS. Or do you think Cal doesn't know what he is talking about either???? You have a nice day sir, ;) Drew

Originally posted by 65vette396
Here you go Mr. I don't BS. Or do you think Cal doesn't know what he is talking about either???? You have a nice day sir, ;) Drew

Get your head out of your ass !

MY LOGS SHOWED 110-119% DUTY CYCLE

And Cal confirmed that you can see that on your logs ,And that is what I posted MR>$#@%$ BIGMOUTH!

unless you have anything constructive to post here please leave this thread!

O.k. that is fine. I can see where I came off as a smartass, but if you'd look at my original post and yours, I was asking how the hell you could have injectors "WORKING" at 110-125% duty cycle. I will stop posting in this thread since we all know who the more mature person is anyway as I wasn't the one with the name calling. Yet again, have a nice day, Sir. Drew

More mature?I guess ":rolleyes: " that is what set me off. I apoligize to you for my comments , but again you need to make smartass remarks ! This is just a losing battle kinda like when my kids were your age :)

Have a nice day "KID"