lt1 question fast+distributor

tubby

i'm switching my lt1 motor over to msd distributor - crank trigger.
i sent my FAST unit back for the conversion. also i should note that i have the harness adapter form white racing to keep my factory harness.
question is : there are two wires coming from the distributor and two coming from the crank trigger. i feel certain one set must plug into my msd6btm box but which one and what about the other.
keep in mind i am one step below a moron when it comes to wiring so type very slow.
thanks

I type fast - read at your own pace :D :D :D

Actually, you will not connect either of these sets of wires to the MSD. Connect the crank trigger wires to the fast. The green wire will connect to pin A3, and the purple wire to pin B3. Pin X3 from the FAST will connect to the white points input wire on the MSD.

Hope this helps. It should be an easy conversion, and you won't regret not having an Optispark to deal with.

Craig,
i posted this on another site and had this response. so now i'm a little confused.

"If you have a bank to bank and your using the pick up in the distributor for the crank trigger, then you need to send those wires off the distributor to the FAST unit, you also need to send the points wire from the ignition box to the FAST unit."

X3 is the points wire
A3 is crank +
B3 is crank -

i do have a bank to bank and i already have the crank trigger in place.
are these wires marked X,A, & B?

should i go with your original reply?

If you already have the crank trigger on, it's the best way to go. The distributor connector won't be needed if this is the case.

UPDATE: thanks to help from you guys the distributor is in and working. one final question, i was using my stock tac with the FAST prior to switch to crank trigger. now it's not working. anyone know how i can wire it back in?
thanks