Lubrant 93 for 50's = high BLM's

Hi-psi

Got Boost??
Guys,

Any of you that have a Lubrant 93 for MSD 50's.....do you experiece very high BLM's (~150) and high INT?? It's so bad that sitting at a red light or drive through it will set a code 44 b/c of the BLM being so high. I'll be swapping to a different chip soon, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.

i've got that chip in my car and havent had that problem... talking with Joe about it he filled me in that the computer reads o2's and maf to set fuel at normal driving but once the maf hits 255 then the chip will lock the bl and you have to adjust fuel pressure from there to get your a/f ratio

Do you have a translator? Are you missing MAF screens?

No translator. Both screens. Did this in two cars. Both my Turbo T and TTA. Also,......the chip says 26* Street 50# Maybe I'm new to this chip thing but isn't 26* an azz of timing for a street chip?

I have 2 JL chip 1 18*street and 1 26* street performance chip. Ithink you need some kind of octane booster to run 26* chip but to answer your question yes my BL stays close to 150 on highway until you gas on it then it locks on to 128. I dont know if its suppose to be like that or not but when I put Extender in BL and INT stay in 128 to 130 range so I don't think there is anything wrong with the car.Maybe the GURU's would clue us in
RON

Well, say what you will, but I'm sorry, in my book, 26* is a full on race chip. Not even close to a street performance chip. Even a 98 octane chip is only best at 23*.

With BLMs that high, I'd have the chip double checked. Something's amiss in the injector constant, or you have a significant vacuum/air leak.

When I first got the MSD 50's and this chip the car really ran like crap. I took the chip with me to the Nats. Had Joe look at it. When I went back later in the day he asked if somebody had "messed" with the chip b/c it didn't contain the stuff he puts in them. :confused: In any case he gave me what was suppose to be a new street chip. Got home, put it in the TTA, above problems. Recently swapped the 50's into the Turbo T b/c I need bigger in the TTA. That chip in the Turbo T does the same exact thing as it did in the TTA so I seriously doubt it's anything to do with the car. Dunno,.....doesn't really matter. It's getting thrown across the front yard when my other chip comes in.:D

I agree that 26* chip is a full on race chip but printed on the chip is 26* street performance. That doesn't mean you can use it with 93 octane thats just what it's called. It is confusing though
Ron

There is definately something wrong there. My Lubrant 93 chip has 20* and the car absolutely Kicked As$ whith his chip in there. I think idle blm's were around 130-132. That chip sounds way off. Call Joe, and maybe email him some data files so he can look at them.

Originally posted by Hi-psi
When I first got the MSD 50's and this chip the car really ran like crap. I took the chip with me to the Nats. Had Joe look at it. When I went back later in the day he asked if somebody had "messed" with the chip b/c it didn't contain the stuff he puts in them. :confused: In any case he gave me what was suppose to be a new street chip. Got home, put it in the TTA, above problems. Recently swapped the 50's into the Turbo T b/c I need bigger in the TTA. That chip in the Turbo T does the same exact thing as it did in the TTA so I seriously doubt it's anything to do with the car. Dunno,.....doesn't really matter. It's getting thrown across the front yard when my other chip comes in.:D

Robert,

I believe I remember the situation in BG.
The Chip was not my program, I don't rember for sure but it didn't even have my original markings.

I gave you a street chip for 50# 93 octane in replacement of what you had.
In my haste I may have mis-marked the timing on the chip?

Does the chip have a white circular sticker marked Street 93
50# and 20* or mismarked 26* on it???

Were the Injectors purchased NEW from PTE with the Flow Matched numbers on them or were they purchased used or elsewhere???

I have seen cases where Injector ID's did not match, because mfg. ran out of the top enclosure with one ID and subsituted another????

Please check the Part#'s on the Injectors as maybe they are not what you assume them to be????

It does seem strange that the problem exsists on two different cars.

I always stand by my chip products, If the program I gave you for the 50# injectors is truly at fault or was not for the injector size you have I will glady replace it........"That is never a problem"

I does seem strange that since I have done hundreds of these programs, without major issues, that your car is acting this way.

I would really like to get to the bottom line of the problem.

You can throw the chip across the front yard as you wish, but I think other avenues of resolution would be more appropriate.

Please give me a call, I promise I will not bite your head-off or say you can't put a potato in your exhaust pipe if you wish, as described in another post.

I truly wish to help you solve this problem, check the items I identified earlier and give me a call.

Originally posted by J. Lubrant

Robert,

I believe I remember the situation in BG.
The Chip was not my program, I don't rember for sure but it didn't even have my original markings.

Somebody at the post office must have stole my chip then b/c the chip I gave you in BG was the exact chip I got in.

I gave you a street chip for 50# 93 octane in replacement of what you had.
In my haste I may have mis-marked the timing on the chip?

Quite possibly. You seemed very busy that day.

Does the chip have a white circular sticker marked Street 93
50# and 20* or mismarked 26* on it???

Yes. It is marks Street 93 26*

Were the Injectors purchased NEW from PTE with the Flow Matched numbers on them or were they purchased used or elsewhere

Purchased brand new and flow mached in April of '01 from PTE.

You can throw the chip across the front yard as you wish, but I think other avenues of resolution would be more appropriate.

Please give me a call, I promise I will not bite your head-off or say you can't put a potato in your exhaust pipe if you wish, as described in another post.

I was just poking fun about slinging it across the yard. PTE is in Indiana right? To bad they're not in Idaho,...they have really good potatoes:D It'll probably be tomorrow before I cna give ya a ring.

Joe is not only one of the better chip makers around, he is also one of the straightest shooters around. Give him a chance rather than pissing him off.

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Joe is not only one of the better chip makers around, he is also one of the straightest shooters around. Give him a chance rather than pissing him off.
:rolleyes:

Joe,

I'm mailing the chip out to you tomorrow. I put it to your attention on the envelope. Check it out, trash it, fix it, do as you wish. I would like to know what you find out though. I looked closely at the chip again and it does say "Street 93 50# 26*" The chip has a tip in stumble also. I'm sorry I failed to mention in any of the previous posts that I also have your race chip for MSD 50's. Beleive it or not, it runs smoother than the street chip. I told you this in BG when I brought the chip back the first time and you said that was odd b/c the low rpm and speed settings are identical in the two chips. But then when I came back to pick the chip up is when you made the accusation that somebody had "messed" with the chip b/c some stuff was unlike what you burn. Oh well. Just let me know what you come up with.

I've been running Lubrant's chip for about a year now and have had no problems. It says 93, 20*50lb on it. I run 16psi on pump gas with 43#of initial FP which gives me 02 readings in the low 800s, EGT at these settings is 1500 to 1540 typical with a couple of degrees of retard. I fill I am on the edge, but if I move the boost back to 14#, everything is square in the middle. My combo is Champion ported iron heads, 214 Erson cam and TE61 turbo.

Gary

Originally posted by Hi-psi
Joe,

You should have gotten my chip by now. Had a chance to look at it?

Hi Robert,

Yes, I received the chip late today.(Fri)

The chip was a Street 93 20* as verified by the file compare.
The label was mis-marked 26*, but the file is what I normally do for 93 octane, 50# injectors, & had 20* timing as well.

As some of the others have posted, they seem not to have the problem with high blms or trouble codes.

I am not sure why you have these conditions?

I does seem strange, as you said, that it re-acts the same way in the TTA and the T-Type.
It could be an injector problem, since that could also produce the same high blm's or Lean codes you are experiencing?

At the moment I am somewhat stumped.

If you previously said the Race chip runs fine, then it might just be the Prom itself, since the injector constant, idle and low speed fueling is identical in both chips.

If both chips gave the same lean idle and low speed #'s or codes, than I would suspect injectors, since it would do the same in both cars.
If not, than the Street prom must have some other problem that I can't pick-up just by doing a file verification.

Can you re-verify that it does or doesn't do the same thing with the race chip installed at idle etc..when the car is fully warmed up?

Also please check the injector ID#s, so I can verify that they are 50# not 43 by mistake??

In any event, I will send another chip Monday.

Sorry for any inconvience,

Joe