You can type here any text you want

lucas oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
Bought some lucas oil good or not.I dumped some of it in the chevy, oil pressure shot up real nice.Im debating wheter im going to put this in the turbo car thou.Good deal or not.If zddp is not availible could i use lucas ,duralube,or slick 50.

I've used slick 50 for more than 20 years and I'm a believer. I had my oil cooler line blow while doing a 6k shift and the engine was fine. Lost all my oil but never hurt the engine. Hope it helps you Jim.

I've used slick 50 for more than 20 years and I'm a believer. I had my oil cooler line blow while doing a 6k shift and the engine was fine. Lost all my oil but never hurt the engine. Hope it helps you Jim.

Just something interesting I got the scoop on. Smokey Yunick swore by Slick 50 too. And he was'nt the type that endorsed anything just for a buck. When he signed, he had to believe. He stocked a warehouseful for years just to trial.

My understanding was, he really believed in Slick 50. :biggrin:

If it were't for the fact that I lose so much oil a month, I would probably go for it. And as far as the scoop is concerned, let's just say I know someone with the same last name.....with DNA to match. :rolleyes:

Interesting fact Freddie. I may have to come vist you just to meet this person and learn a little history. lol

.... Smokey Yunick swore by Slick 50 too....

My bad....I think it was Duralube. Anyway it was a one of those two additives. I guess back in those days motor oil wasn't as high-tech as it is today and using those additives was purty good insurance.

Heck, back in them days I swore by Duralube too. It was in '92 when I first tried Duralube and I did see a difference in how the engine reacted when I added the stuff. Sort of like when you put fresh clean synthetic oil after an oil change feel. My gas mileage increased also. :cool:

I stopped using it when all the hoopla broke out about PTFE's. I'm not sure on what side of the coin I'm on with that but I do keep an open mind. I have never seen any instance of engine damage as a result of using these additives. But if smokey believed...that's good enough for me, (at the very least using it with bargain brand conventional motor oil).

That's what I use. Because I leak so much oil I buy the bargain brand. :D

Try searching "Slick 50 FTC".

FTC is the federal trade commission. Slick 50 for years flew under the radar, but when Quaker State bought them, it got the interest of the FTC.

Do the same for "Duralube FTC"

So now Dura-lube cannot contain any unsubstantiated performance claims. Nor can it claim that it does not use any chlorinated compounds or that it's been tested by the EPA. Furthermore, It cannot be endorsed by anyone that is not qualified to make such claims as to it's performance gains.

So does this mean that Duralube is effective? (Since they are still making claims that it reduces friction and heat).

Now that their claims have to be Kosher...those test results seem quite impressive compared to the known leading brands like Lucas and Rislone. :eek:

http://www.duralube.com/Galleries/Small/DL 32oz engine treatment.pdf

Back