You can type here any text you want

M&a stage three heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
I have a set of M&A stage 3 heads on my gn.i was told the heads came off a car called the Six Shooter that Bob Petersons owned.i was also told they were ported to the max.My question is how well do thease heads flow compared to todays heads,GN1,GN1R,also does anyone know anything about this car called the six shooter :confused:

six shooter

the only six shooter i know has a silver t and has 8445 heads on it -- was it a
Chitown area car !

i found the car they came off of in a search.looks like it is a 8sec stage car now.

The old six shooter. bob peterson lives in minnesota he is about 68 years old and he has been racing buicks for serval years, his old six shooter was brown in color with a cartoon charactor on the doors with guns, the car he has now is a redish color stage 2 car, with big tires and pretty light. he was going to sell it as he is in bad health, he was at the buick nats, last year and i hope he goes this year he is a great person and he allways runs his car allout,
good luck, oc,

The old six shooter. bob peterson lives in minnesota he is about 68 years old and he has been racing buicks for serval years, his old six shooter was brown in color with a cartoon charactor on the doors with guns, the car he has now is a redish color stage 2 car, with big tires and pretty light. he was going to sell it as he is in bad health, he was at the buick nats, last year and i hope he goes this year he is a great person and he allways runs his car allout,
good luck, oc,

Bob blew the stage 2 motor he was running and sold the car to my friend
(psiedv6) as a roller. The M&A heads can be ported to flow well. I am not sure if they are quite in the same league as the TA's or Champion. You might want to check with Lee (cruzn57). He has some Stage 3's that have been ported and flowed.
Jeff

M&A were the predesessor to TA heads

TA bought the casting molds from M&A, and has improved them.
they work as well as champions, all depends on who did the work,
I have a couple sets, one set flowed 266cfm @.500 lift,intake and 211cfm@.500 ex, which is decent for most motors.
TA can be worked to flow over 300cfm@.500 lift. intake
I haven't seen champions exceed the M&A results,

didn't know that car psiedv6 has is the one you were talking about,
sweet car!

good luck, oc,

Odell, you are quite correct. Bobby's car wore M&A heads back then, and I believe the first stock suspension/ 10" tire Buick in the 8's. The car was light yellow along with the cartoon character and Wild west six guns. Last i heard, it was a roller still up in Minnesota. I hope Bobby is doing well.

Odell, you are quite correct. Bobby's car wore M&A heads back then, and I believe the first stock suspension/ 10" tire Buick in the 8's. The car was light yellow along with the cartoon character and Wild west six guns. Last i heard, it was a roller still up in Minnesota. I hope Bobby is doing well.

i think my heads were off of that car from what i was told.i was also told by my engine builder that he could not port thease anymore that they were to the max.:biggrin:

Bob blew the stage 2 motor he was running and sold the car to my friend
(psiedv6) as a roller. The M&A heads can be ported to flow well. I am not sure if they are quite in the same league as the TA's or Champion. You might want to check with Lee (cruzn57). He has some Stage 3's that have been ported and flowed.
Jeff

Is that his red car?

I could've sworn Gary at Street Performance had a set years ago when I was over there. He had info about M&A but is out of the biz.

i think my heads were off of that car from what i was told.i was also told by my engine builder that he could not port thease anymore that they were to the max.:biggrin:
Yes they were off that car and they are ported to the max! Hold onto those heads!!! ;)

SW.

Yes they were off that car and they are ported to the max! Hold onto those heads!!! ;)

SW.

Hey Scot i got the car running with them on it,should have some times in a week or two! from what rick says it runs likee a beast.

The yellow car is in Oklahoma last I heard. Those heads are very good and were done by Precision Turbo when Dan Strezo was still there, he may be able to give you some info on them but they were good enough to get in the 8's at one time. How bad can they be?
Mike

heads

Mike, i still have the M/A heads that i purchased from you a long time ago.
they are sitting collecting dust, nothing wrong with them i went with champion heads now i run bms.
good luck oc.

The yellow car is in Oklahoma last I heard. Those heads are very good and were done by Precision Turbo when Dan Strezo was still there, he may be able to give you some info on them but they were good enough to get in the 8's at one time. How bad can they be?
Mike

wow 8s :eek:.i know my car will never see them numbers and i am using them on my current build.i was just curious if todays heads are that much better? but i think if the car ran 8s they should do the job in my car.

Back