M&P triggers

Dreamn4GN

Looking at AEK competition or defensive/carry triggers for my m&p. any suggestions or recommendations?
TIA

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would be a little nervous about modifying a trigger on anything you might use to defend yourself. You will get raked over the coals in civil court if something were to ever happen.

Look at apex trigger mods also.

That's what I meant to put.

DCVING I agree. But this will be my range gun. Glock 23 is loaded at the bedside. With no mods. So is the 12 gauge

I think I'm going to try and do a DIY trigger job. I'm really just looking to smooth this trigger out. I havnt shot it yet and it's very gritty. Some say it'll go away but I've heard plenty of people say it doesn't.

My m&p 9 trigger is smooth as glass. I didn't do any mods to it but the previous owner may have. My buddy who shoots USPSA and is a PD training officer commented on how nice the trigger was. I love it!!!

The trigger on my Shield is great, has a nice crisp break. One of the better striker fired triggers I have personally seen. I have heard the Shield has the best factory trigger of any of the M&P pistols with the exception of the M&P Pro.

It's just very gritty. My stock Glock trigger is smoother. The Glock does have 1000+ rounds through it. I might just try and buff up some of the parts and see how that goes.

M&P triggers have a reputation of being gritty when they are new, but tend to "smooth out" after a few hundred rounds. I would put 500+ rds through it and see how it feels. I've shot an m&p with an apex trigger recently. Almost felt like a race gun to me. The reset was insane, haha. I normally stay with stock or mil-spec triggers unless it's a pure competition gun. Might as well train with what you will fight with.

I don't want to drastically drop the trigger pull. I just want to smooth it out. They have the defensive carry trigger which lightens it up maybe a pound if not less and just smooths it out. Still waiting to shoot her. It's a little too hot for me to go bake in the sun.

Damn, didn't know that was a common problem with M&P .40s.....the trigger on mine has sort of a gritty feel when I pull it.......let us know if you come up with a solution to it other than running 500 rounds through it....around here, ammo is almost impossible to find......I've only got about 100 rounds....(sigh):oops:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I have a solution Bruce........... sell it to me as I am looking for one to add to my M&P 9 .......... ;) lol

i have a sd40 and put the apex trigger kit in it very easy and now the trigger feels great id recommend a apex trigger kit!

Damn, didn't know that was a common problem with M&P .40s.....the trigger on mine has sort of a gritty feel when I pull it.......let us know if you come up with a solution to it other than running 500 rounds through it....around here, ammo is almost impossible to find......I've only got about 100 rounds....(sigh):oops:

Bruce '87 Grand National
Yeah I have about 750rds. But I agree. I'm not planning on dumping 500 of em into the gun just to break in a trigger. I've still yet to shoot it. Just been dry firing it. Plenty of YouTube videos showing ways to smoothing it up big time by just buffing a few items. That will most likely be my plan.

Just remember one important thing on your CARRY gun! Any modifications can give prosecutors an excuse to screw with you if a modified gun is used in shooting. I have read that several times, with examples, in gun magazines!

Personally I want put any aftermarket parts on my carry guns. Now the plinkers are a different subject, the ghost triggers for the glocks are awesome! The M&P will smooth up, will not hurt to dry fire it.

My M&P is strictly for the range since its full size. My Glock is the one by the bedside loaded. With no mods. My m&p is for range and eventually competition only. So I feel a trigger job will be a nice fit. I've seen many videos of owners just disassemble and buff the parts that are in contact and it only lightens up trigger by 1/2lb but smooths it out alot. So that will def. be my first option.

I have a solution Bruce........... sell it to me as I am looking for one to add to my M&P 9 .......... ;) lol

Sorry, no can do.....after carrying my S&M .44 magnum all year, this M&P is more than a welcome relief to my shoulder......fits so nicely on my Galco high carry holster.....however, if you really want one, go here:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_71/products_id/70012/Handguns/Smith & Wesson/S&W Pistols/S&W M&P 40 Kit 40 S&W 4.25" 15+1 Interchangeable Gr

See if that helps you......I got mine with the Crimson Trace Laser Handgrips when it was on sale....but it only came with two magazines, not three. Nor a holster, so this looks like a good deal. Hope this can help you.:)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Just remember one important thing on your CARRY gun! Any modifications can give prosecutors an excuse to screw with you if a modified gun is used in shooting. I have read that several times, with examples, in gun magazines!

Thank you for pointing this out.....I was not aware of this at all......it's just incredible that this excuse is used in court at all.......I was really shocked to find this out......I will not modify my M&P .40....but will keep the Crimson Trace on it. Damn these laws designed to make the right to protect our lives in an event of attack more in favor of the criminal......it's just inexcusable!

Personally I want put any aftermarket parts on my carry guns. Now the plinkers are a different subject, the ghost triggers for the glocks are awesome! The M&P will smooth up, will not hurt to dry fire it.

Also, I appreciate the info about the trigger will smooth up, plus OK to dry fire it......your expertise on all of this, Shane, is greatly appreciated.......you have clarified exactly what I've been wondering about............I thank you kindly.:) Can always depend on you for help in this area.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I would be a little nervous about modifying a trigger on anything you might use to defend yourself. You will get raked over the coals in civil court if something were to ever happen.
I was not aware of this....thanks for the warning......it sure is unfair.....I really don't see what in hell the difference would make.......ANY trigger will fire a gun, in practice or self defense.....so what's the big deal about any modifications to the trigger? A trigger is a trigger.....man, these laws are getting so against the honest citizen's rights to defend one's life......jeez!

Bruce '87 Grand National

My guess is lighter trigger pull. Could result in a accidental shot.