M1 carbine ammo

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
I keep finding some things that I either don't need or can't use any more. I found a bandoleer of CAL .30 CARBINE BALL M1 ammo that I can't do anything with since I don't have an M1 carbine anymore.120 rounds of Lake City ball in strippers and with stripper adapter. The back of the bandoleer is marked K.P.M 6/71 but I looked at a few markings and the cases are marked L C 72. Make me an offer but remember this has to either be picked up or shipped through UPS so shipping may not be that cheap. Figured I'd post it here first before I post it on one of the gun auction sites.;) If you want a pic I'll take it tomorrow and post it.

Sounds like a good reason to go buy another gun if you ask me !!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a m1 carbine. Let me check how much ammo I have

Sounds like a good reason to go buy another gun if you ask me !!!!

Got a couple I can sell ya if you need more James.:D 1 was made in the early 40's and the other was made in 8/94.:) Both are semi and both would pass your states stupidity.;)

Here's what you'll be getting. It will make loading the magazines easier to load.;) 120 rounds of ammo on strippers and the loading attachment.:D
DSCF1168.JPG

Did you look at those pics yet Charlie? The suspense is killing me!!!! I'm still awake if you wanna call

I'm having an issue with my IP provider right now so I can't see what shipping will cost. Since several of you are asking about a total price My zip is 76645 and it has to be shipped through UPS by law. The package would be roughly 5 lbs with dimensions of 4.5 x 4.5 x 10.5" unless I can find a smaller box to ship them in. I may look like I'm on the board right now but with the issue with my internet I can hit the board on occasion but can't do a whole lot. Make me an offer please.

Found a smaller box but the weight's still at 5 lbs. Box measures 5.5 x 5.25 x 5.25 and my zip is 76645 so you can check UPS ground (only way it can be shipped I believe) to see what shipping would be before you make an offer on it.;)

After doing some searching to see what the ammo goes for right now there's no Lake City 30 carbine out there right now. The commercial ammo is going for $.62 per round right now, and no bandoleer or loader, so I'll set the price at $.50 per round or $60 plus shipping for all of it. You're welcome to make a counter offer but from what I saw today this is going to work out most likely under $70 shipped.

I also found my stash of 303 British that I've been looking for. Average for the cheap stuff is $.72 a round and this is some really old ammo. One box is still in the original 48 round boxes (1909) and is dated from 1900 (yes, the year is 1900) to 1977 with various head marks. Most is cordite with murcuric primers so you have to use soap and water to clean the barrel after you fire it, but I have fired some of this ammo personally and never had a miss fire out of it. The other thing about cordite is it isn't fully smokeless. You'll see a faint smoke cloud when fired and if the wind is calm you can actually see a small smoke trail following the bullet. If someone is looking for some or collects ammo and is interested in having some antique ammo for the collection send me an offer. If you want 1, 48 round box I've got 12 total and 10 haven't been opened or damaged so those will be some serious collectors because it's a real military collectors item. I've even got a WWI wooden Vickers ammo box that's rough, but all there, and a belt for a Vickers that would make an interesting display.:cool:
DSCF1181.JPG