M5...it's a small world...

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
This one had a funny "it's a small world" ending.

Had just left work yesterday and noticed a white M5 coming up on me as we cleared traffic on a three lane road...
As soon as he nailed it to try and pass me, I got in it.
He had the jump, but never got by me even as my tires spun....just as I started to fender him, we had to let out and slow down for a light up ahead. I will say this....I don't think it was stock because I normally walk away from M5's pretty easily and this one seemed like it had some fight in it.

A little futher down the road while we cruised along, I'm in the middle lane and he came alongside on my left and his passnenger starts hollerin' at me.:
Him: I raced you before!
Me: What?
Him: Remember...the Ferarri...
Me: Oh ya...yup:D (this is the 599 guy who used to have an E55 AMG....we have a thing going)
Him: (slapping his door) This is an older M5...I got a new M5......I wanna race you! I need your number!
Me: (I aint about to shout my digits out at someone who clearly has an unhealthy obssession with me) You can find me on Turbobuick.com in the Kill section...I'm meanchicken...:cool:
Him: [clearly writing all this down frantically] mean what?
Me: meanchicken!

I could see his driver was ready to go again so I tried to manually downshift to 2nd to help spool and give myself a better start.
Before I could get it downshifted an look back up...he was already all in and taking off...about 2-3 lengths out and leaving fast....this M5 definitely has some snot in it....
I let it rip anyway...broke loose for awhile and just as I was starting to reel him in, he lets off.
So I did a little fly by and horse sneezed it once I was past him and dissappeared into the sunset.

So I have a stalker now...
LOL
Nah he's cool....just in search of something faster than a daily driven, fully loaded 10-second capable Turbo Brick. Hope he took good notes and finds me here cuz it'll be fun and I'm always down for a rematch...maybe his spankin' new M5 is a modded out one and will give me the what for....but I'll give him a shot at the champ.
It's for fun...:D

If it's an 2013 M5 twin turbo, watch out. They are no joke.

I imagine that's what it'll be....
Takes a lot of coin to compete with a 1987 Buick...:D
this guy seems to have expensive tastes in cars....wish I had his funding...I just need some good tires...

lol, got that right.. & the price. Get some tires Chicken :)
Basic Specs

Base Price $89,900 .. WOW.. Just to beat a 25 year old car. :p
Drivetrain Rear Wheel Drive
Curb Weight (lbs) 4387
City (MPG) TBD
Hwy (MPG) TBD
Horsepower 560@6000-7000
Torque (lb-ft) 500@1500-5750
Wheelbase 116.7
Length (in.) 193.5
Width (in.) 74.4
Height (in.) 57.3

Horsepower 560@6000-7000
Lucky if he makes 490 rwhp stock.
Torque (lb-ft) 500@1500-5750
Meh, I give it 480 rwtq as that seems a tad underated.
Curb Weight (lbs) 4387
What is that, dry? LOL
Base Price $89,900
Really? For that kind of coin you can build a serious 7 second Buick.
Man, the things they put in kids cereals these days.

"Gimme $500 on da chicken."
:D

Now go get some drag radials chicken and really show these jamokes what a Turbo Buick can do.

It's very heavy too. Yup, tons of money. but they are no slouches. I saw on in the summer. It has a hood bump that looks just like ours.

the poor guy will eventually figure it out... he needs a Buick!

I'm guessing he's had it tuned a bit since he was so excited to get a match up. He did see me walk his Ferrari 599... ;)
But yup....I do need some tires...fronts are bald on the inner tread and one of my rears is bald on a flat spot I put there during a panic stop last year...

Not much tread left all around and street radials make handling 600HP and 700TQ kinda interesting anyway....

Fontana was the only 1/4 mile in the area, and it's still closed while the operators decide if they'll actually spend the $ to build the sound wall they have been told is a requirement of continued operation by the So-Cali noise Nazi's...

Ony dedicated tracks currently open in this area are the Irwinale 1/8 mile (about 45minute drive) and Barona 1/8 mile (2+ hrs).

3 hrs away is the Famosa 1/4 mile in Bakersfield.
4+ hrs away are Vegas and Arizona 1/4 miles....

I can positively say that it pulls waaaaaay harder than it did when I ran that 11.14 on my old motor...I'm confident I'm running around on a comfortable high 10 second or better tune. I keep my 02's up around 800 on the street, and I don't mess with TurboTweaks timing settings on the street, so there is a lot left in it...

Fontana was the only 1/4 mile in the area, and it's still closed while the operators decide if they'll actually spend the $ to build the sound wall they have been told is a requirement of continued operation by the So-Cali noise Nazi's...

Ony dedicated tracks currently open in this area are the Irwinale 1/8 mile (about 45minute drive) and Barona 1/8 mile (2+ hrs).

3 hrs away is the Famosa 1/4 mile in Bakersfield.
4+ hrs away are Vegas and Arizona 1/4 miles....

I can positively say that it pulls waaaaaay harder than it did when I ran that 11.14 on my old motor...I'm confident I'm running around on a comfortable high 10 second or better tune. I keep my 02's up around 800 on the street, and I don't mess with TurboTweaks timing settings on the street, so there is a lot left in it...
niceee