You can type here any text you want

MAF Trans Gen II and Extender/Extender Extreme?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNwe4

Anybody running this combo with wideband tracking and how do you like it? Pros and cons? A friend of mine picked up the gen II with an EE chip and a 3.5" maf. Just got me thinking that's all.

I have a setup like that. The Gen2 with the Extender Extreme chip and the LC-1 make tuning a breeze. The fuel and timing adjustments are what makes this setup so user friendly. They allow for enough adjustment in the lower RPM to tailor the tune to a specific setup, and the WB tracking at WOT. At WOT, I keep the tune on the rich side and allow the Gen2 to pull fuel out, roughly 3-5%. My car runs pretty good on the setup, with Razor's progressive Alky Control system you can't tell when the alcohol starts flowing, other than the kick in the backside from the 24# of boost.

Very good to hear. I'm currently running the regular translator, 3" maf, TT chip, and AEM wideband. Are there any issues with using the gen II and EE chip with the 3" maf or do I need to upgrade to a 3.5"?

I don't have any experience running the combo with the 3" MAF sensor. There is a setting on the Gen2 for a variety of MAF sensors, I'm pretty sure that it is in that selection.

Ok, maybe it's the extender extreme chip that won't work with the 3". I thought I remember reading something somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Ok, maybe it's the extender extreme chip that won't work with the 3". I thought I remember reading something somewhere, but I could be wrong.

I just stepped into the garage, the Gen2 does have a setting for the 3" MAF. You may want to contact Full Throttle to verify the two are compatable.

There is no MAF issue with the Gen-2, the issues you are thinking of is with the regular MAFT, which does not have a 3" MAF setting for the Extreme mode. With the regular Extreme series of chips we never made them smaller than 55 lb.

With the Gen-2, the proper chip is the "Extreme G" (G for Gen-2), which is available in all injector sizes.

Bob

So with the regular MAFT and 3" MAF, the Extender Extreme chip would not work, correct? I do have 60lb injectors.

In this case I would also need to purchase a Gen-II, which I may want to for the WB tracking anyway. The answer I'm trying to get to I guess is... Would the MAFT Gen-II, Extender Extreme Chip, and 3" MAF be a good combo?

I realize there may be other chips, but I'm just going off of what's listed for sale from the webiste.

Call me 336-697-2395

Attachments

• 100_1070.jpg
    100_1070.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 217
Thanks STGMAN. Unfortunately I need to figure out what's wrong with the car before I can justify purchasing new parts. Winter's finally over here in MN so it's time to get back at it! I'm just searching for knowledge so when the time comes I'll already know what I need to pick up.

Out of curiosity, what computer system did you switch to?

Back