You can type here any text you want

Main bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

intercooled 85

well my gn lost oil pressure and theres a slight knock to it. is there any way I can change the bearing with the motor still in my car. any help cuz I really cant afford to pull motor and send to the mechine shop. times are hard. thank you.

Heres a clip of her running...

Can't just change bearings. They are not a wear item. Something has to go wrong for them to go bad. All clearances have to be verified and everything 100% cleaned. Oil cooler in the radiator has to be bypassed. Turbo needs to be serviced because the metal shavings will have entered it

It might be my laptop speakers (or the mic on the camera) but that sounds like a bad misfire and/or exhaust leak from hell.

In real life does the oil pan sound like it's full of hammer wielding gnomes?

That motor doesn't sound too good at all, sounds almost like its on 5 cylinders when you were burst revving it.
Definitely missing a bit on the revs, the mic picked up alot of background noise and had to use headphones to hear past the not so great audio quality to hear the bad missing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Suggestions where I should start. At to get the mis fire problem fixed. But what about loss of oil pressure

Yeah motor is missing but as suggested above it sounds like an exhaust leak in there too. I would check for an exhaust leak around the drivers header first and work my way to the turbo. Also what pressure are you seeing cold and hot? Have you drained the oil to check for metal or cut apart the oil filter yet?

What raeban had said above.
Also what type of gauge are you seeing your pressure on?
Mechanical or electric oil pressure gauge?

Last edited:
I missed the part about the oil pressure before I watched the video. If you lost oil pressure at the same time as the noise started, that's not ignition or a header leak.

It doesn't take that long to drop the pan. 4 crossover bolts and 20 pan bolts, and you can learn ALL kinds of stuff. (and verify that Bison is most likely on the money).

if the bearings are shot all the shit went through the motor. pull it and rebuild it.

before the rebuild you should really try to figure put why. bad/balloning torque converter? oil pump failure?

i will. im going to be pulling it in few days, i will up date you guys once i know what the out come is. thanks for the help i really mean it

That's crazy it even runs if it's that bad on oil pressures especially on the hot temp oil pressure side, so roughly 200 miles ago this was a fresh rebuild or just the turbo was brand new & only had been run 200 miles?
Lucky it didn't just quit completely and throw parts out the bottom or side of the block as it went out. What's all been done to the motor, prior to the oil pressure issue that showed up?

Back