You can type here any text you want

Main caps on stock block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slix

Wondering about untorqueing main caps on a stock block... Manual says to tighten them alternatively...

Guessing they mean a little on one bolt then a little on the other until torqued to spec...

Start in the middle and work my way from the middle to the outside caps?

And when untorqueing, start on ends and work my way to the center?

Not sure if it matters when untorqueing but figured I'd ask...

When I unbolt my main caps I start in the middle and just take the torque off one bolt at a time . The important part is when you are installing them . That’s when you have to torque them correctly

When I unbolt my main caps I start in the middle and just take the torque off one bolt at a time . The important part is when you are installing them . That’s when you have to torque them correctly
Manual doesn't say anything other than torque spec and tighten alternately... Guessing you start in middle and alternate caps out?

It won't matter. Just pull the two bolts down evenly on each cap. If one cap loads the ohter, that means you have a SEVERELY bent crank (at which point torque procedure won't matter then either).

After all, the thrust cap doesn't even get put on the block until the other ones are torqued down.

Back