Manual?

TURBO D

Has anyone converted to a manual master cyclinder? I assume the front disc and caliper should be upgraded also, what should I use? This will mainly be a drag car. Any suggestions? TIA Dean

I personally have never converted anything over to manual but some of the big name race chassis suppliers(Alston,C&E) have a kit to do it. GM did stick manuals on some G-bodies but they are rare,hard to find and IMO not suited for race use. I have seen numerous cars at the strip and a lot of them are still using the stock calipers.

Eric Fisher

Thanks Eric, I've seen companys like Wilwood and Areospace advertise kits but was wondering if anyone are using them with a manual master. Thanks Dean

I have a friend that runs manual brakes on his GN...the master cylinder is off of a 76 truck with front disc....he had to shorten the rod to make it work...It sux trying to drive that thing, if you do it I suggest buying a kit that includes calipers...I wouldn't do it at though.

Bruce Plecan converted to manual brakes and I belive the B-Body spindles and 12" front discs. I'm sure he's described it previously so search the archives. I believe he used a g body master cylinder from a manual brake car, and said that the brake pedal was the same as the vacuum brake cars.