You can type here any text you want

Mark VIII fans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85_SS

G-body enthusiast
I currently have a 16" Caravan fan that isn't keeping up with the A/C on and have been debating between the dual Ramcharger fans and a Mark VIII fan. After some research here, it seems several people have had premature failures with the Ramchargers which is making me lean towards the Mark VIII.

I have seen the height measurement listed as both 18.5" and 19". Does anyone have an accurate measurement? 19" looks like it will be too tall, and while 18.5" a touch tall as well, I don't think it would look too bad. I really like to keep things looking factory, so I don't want something that looks out of place. The Ramchargers are a great factory looking fit, but I'm leary of them after reading some posts here.

I'd love to see some installed pics if anyone can post those as well.

What radiator do you have, last coolant flush, has the h20 pump, t stat been on ther?
Condition of the radiator

Here's my Mark VIII installed in my Monte. Required a touch of "adjustment" at the bottom of the core to allow the fan to just set in. I'm only using the top plate to retain it; no other tie downs. Click on the pic for larger size.

What radiator do you have, last coolant flush, has the h20 pump, t stat been on ther?
Condition of the radiator

Stock type 3-core rad which is a few years old and in good condition. Coolant flushed last winter when I complete the serpentine swap (water pump also new at this time). I'd have to check the age of the t-stat, probably more than 5yrs old. The fan I have just isn't very strong compared to what I've experience with other electric fans. It was fine with the original clutch fan, but don't want to go back to it (would rather just upgrade the electric fan).

Here's my Mark VIII installed in my Monte. Required a touch of "adjustment" at the bottom of the core to allow the fan to just set in. I'm only using the top plate to retain it; no other tie downs. Click on the pic for larger size.

Hey Dustin - did you cut the fan shroud or the rad support?

When I click on the pic, it just opens the same size pic in another window.

I found the full size pic on your site Dustin:
PHOTODUMP.com - hosting.

You got it to sit nice and low and it looks great - was it the shroud or rad support you had to modify? or both?

Back