Max mounting depth for 5.24 CII speaks?

I think you're making a wise decision to power the fronts as they need some punch to sound really good.

I expected a real battle with installing the wiring in the doors but it ended up being a piece of cake. I removed the kick panels and, of cource, the door panels, the used a coat hanger. Opened the hanger up and made a loop at one end which I secured the wire to. Then fed it in from the kick panel side and bent the hanger as it fed into the rubber boot. Voila! went in smooth as butter on both sides.

So far the system sounds really good. I"ve been running around all day with the tweets velcro'd to the door panels just above the CIIs and it sounds much more mellow than up on the dash. I can run the treble control about flat now and also have better direction of sound.

I've got the speakers in the trunk which were there when I bought the car 7 years ago but they're good ones: Sony 6 x 9s three ways with 100 watts power rating. I've got them mounted on adapter baffles to the 4 x 10 holes. The put out surprisingly good base for as old as they are.

I also am not into really trunk rattling bass. My Sub woofer setup will consist of one 10" Rockford Fosgate HE which will handle 200/400 watts. It will be mounted in a sealed .75 Cu Ft box which will fit on the shelf between the rear deck speakers. I'll push it with my Kenwood KAC 859 which is a 5 channel with 40 watts X 4 plus 120 watts X 1 for the sub. I'm hoping it will give me plenty of bass for the music I listen to.

TTFN