You can type here any text you want

Max Over Bore?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OPTIMUS

I am rebuilding a 1987 Buick regal t-type. After disassembling the engine i find that it has been bored .040 over. Is it garbage? or can it still be bored. I think .040 is way to much to begin with but was wondering if anyone knows otherwise.

Thanks.

should be ok if you wanna get rid of it let me know ?

but for max bore wall thickness will be the factor so you can always sonic check it

I run .040 over, engine makes lots of power, been running well for 3yrs so far. I didn't think it was right overboring that much on a 109 but my machinist is much more knowledgable than me and he was right.
Mike

One local guy here is putting his motor back together .070 over :eek::eek:. Personally I would keep the cylinders as thick as possible.

Don Cruz built mine .040 over. I was a little hesitant but we discussed this prior to the build and he was completely confident in the motor when built correctly. I've been running it for the last 6 months and it's a winner! Sonic check of the block as already mentioned is what will give the final answer.

Well I'll be running a .060 block because I have everything to do it. Not by choice but I don't have the cash to get the 4.1 done right now. If it works for a while that's fine, but I won't be thrashing on it very hard.

One local guy here is putting his motor back together .070 over :eek::eek:. Personally I would keep the cylinders as thick as possible.

I had it sonic check and was told I have enough casting to go that big. Since he was one of the better builder that is around I have no concerns.

my machinist has built one that was .125 over:eek:, that went very fast for a long time. but on the other hand, had a stock rebuild for a daily driver .020, and it leaked coolant, QC on these blocks is truly a joke

Back