You can type here any text you want

Max PE Pulsewidth vs Temp table ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Thats what the table is called in Tuner Cat.
How do the values in this table control pulsewidths when in PE mode and how does changing the values effect PE fueling?
I'm guessing that maybe say for PE vs RPM or TPS where you specify something like 39%, then is that 39% increase in the base pulsewidth based on this table? Or is this table the max pulsewidth period total?
What effect does increasing the values have?
Thanks

They must have re-named it. I see no such table in the chip.

There's a Max AE pulse width vs. coolant. But no PE.

The PE tables that are there are either a table that adds a % to the base PW or controls PE A/F.

Dave's right, that table is mis-labeled in Tunercat and in T6 Tuner. That is actually the Max AE pw table (accel enrichment).

Eric

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Thats what the table is called in Tuner Cat.
How do the values in this table control pulsewidths when in PE mode and how does changing the values effect PE fueling?

Take and edit all the entries in that table.
Do a file compare, from the original to the modified one, and see what entries changed.
Then read thur the Spreadsheet of bin info., to see what table that really is.

Might inform Tunercat of what you find.

Re: Re: Max PE Pulsewidth vs Temp table ?

Originally posted by bruce
Take and edit all the entries in that table.
Do a file compare, from the original to the modified one, and see what entries changed.
Then read thur the Spreadsheet of bin info., to see what table that really is.

Might inform Tunercat of what you find.

I'm not sure I'm following you on this, if I edit the values, then I know what values I changed, so I'm not sure what you mean by comparing the modified to the original because the edited values will always be what I changed them to....or do you mean change the values and then make a recording using Direct Scan or TLink and see what changed there from befroe and after?
Dave, yes, I do have 2 other PE tables, one is adj AFR vs temp in PE mode and the other (from memory) is something like PE fueling% vs. RPM or maybe TPS%, can't remember here at work.

This particular table in question is 2-deminsional, temp C in one column and "usec" in the value column that can be changed. The current values are in the 1100-1400 range which is micro-seconds.
With that said, micro would be 10,000th of a second, so are these max base pulsewidths for AE or are they added onto the programmed base pulsewidths??
Thanks

What Bruce means is, after you change the values in Tunercat, go back and look at the file with some hex editing software to see what really changed. Once you see what actual addresses changed, then look at Dave's spreadsheet on gnttype.org that tells you what all the addresses mean.

That table was incorrectly named in your software and is actually Max AE pw. The AE pulse is calculated based on various factors, (delta tps being a big one) then the result is compared to the "Max AE pw." The AE pw is not allowed to exceed whatever values are in that table.

Eric

The table in question (I think) probably IS
AE Max puslewidth vs. Coolant(ºC) and is a multiplier table
It starts at location $35BD and goes through $35CD.

Not sure how those other software folks got that one so messed up (usec??) microseconds? not really. It's a multiplier value with values averaging .97 to 1.709 hottest to coldest respectively.
There are no less than 8 different tables dealing with AE (acceleration enrichment) (what we remember as the pump shot in carburated cars).
It's gets really hairy tuning in those tables and isn't for the faint of heart.

Ok, I changed the first and last value in the table, placed the current chip with the setting before I changed them into my Pocket Programmer, then loaded the changed file in the buffer and did a "verify", and it came back with addresses 05BD and 05CD as different, so its the same table.
Thanks for all the help.

Back