You can type here any text you want

Maximize my combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sal Lubrano

I am finally ready to use the potential of my turbo. I am considering porting the heads myself or purchasing a set, not sure yet. While the motor is broken down should I change the cam and stock rockers? I am figuring the heads are a large restriction, once they are changed will I see a great improvement. If I replace the cam and rockers will there be a noticeable gain?

i dunno about a "noticeable" gain from a cam and rockers. The 206 is a decent grind....as far as the heads go, it depends on your goal but i will tell you this- people have been plenty fast on both

I am finally ready to use the potential of my turbo. I am considering porting the heads myself or purchasing a set, not sure yet. While the motor is broken down should I change the cam and stock rockers? I am figuring the heads are a large restriction, once they are changed will I see a great improvement. If I replace the cam and rockers will there be a noticeable gain?

Since airflow = HP, the best mod with the least $$$ spent is flowing the heads. :)

Cam and rockers will work if you plan on raising the RPM for additional HP. A stock, up-opened engine will take a GN into the 10's with the proper add-on's.

The one mod you WILL need is a converter with a stall about 1000 more than you now have to get that 67 turbo to be "happy"!

Sal, you know that it is all about combination, and you need more air flow and fuel, if your pump is able to supply enough.

As far as self-porting heads, especially irons, probably not a good idea unless you have lots of good tools and some experience. You should be able to get just a decent port job for $2-300, plus valve job and whatever else needed on the heads.

I was thinking a 212/212 would help out a bit on this combo.. Does anyone concur?

I assume this is a stock bottom end?? A maxed out 67 will destroy the stock bottom end. I would stick with the 206, port the heads, and you will be surprised what it will do at 22 to 25psi, should go 10's@122 to 125. At that point, that 67 is too big, and just causing extra lag, a 60-1 compressor or 61 compressor with either a stage 5 turbine, or 62 F1 will ran as good, even a 6262 if you have to have the new billet stuff.

Back