Maybe E85 in a stock tank isn't such a bad thing afterall! Link inside.

Steve

I made a post on theturboforums.com and asked about E85 in a stock tank and a few guys that have been doing for a while have had no problems and have so sign of corrosion when checked. There is a ton of E85 info on that site I just haven't had time to read thru it all yet. There is one post that has 21 pages that started with a turbo'ed Mustang on E85 from couple years ago. I plan to search more there are get more info and when i find interesting info I will post back with a link.

E85 and stock steel fuel tank, compataible or not?

Just be aware that those that run alky injection always comment on how clean their throttle bodies, valves and tops of pistons are when running it.

Now image 14 gallons of it just sitting in your old ( probably not flushed out ) tank. I have read many posts from those doing this that said within a month etc the fuel filter was dead due to tank debris. Oh ya, pump sock is dead too.

If I were doing this, flush stock tank, get a new stainless meshed filter and change the filter guts every 1k miles until the filter starts looking like the tank is pretty clean and not flaking off debris anymore. Probably will need to drop the stock tank ?? many miles to check on the pump sock.

That's about as bare minimum I would go with E85 on the GN.

the stock fuel system in my T seems fine, and it's had E85 run thru it since i got it back in 2004.

BTW, just talked to a guy today who found a clogged up injector due to E85 in his stock tank. :eek: Said the fuel filter was nasty.

Filter, filter and more filtering if you are not going to flush that stock tank.

BTW, just talked to a guy today who found a clogged up injector due to E85 in his stock tank. :eek: Said the fuel filter was nasty.

Filter, filter and more filtering if you are not going to flush that stock tank.

Sounds like he needs to do a better job of taking care of his car. Garage queen car maybe?? No problems here and I've running hundreds of gallons through mine:)