You can type here any text you want

ME-R off idle fuel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

what do you guys have postion #6 (ME-R/Off idle fuel) set at for Delphi 75 lb injectors . how low can you go ? my bottom end seems a little soft , not a whole lot of torque , top end pulls well . running a T66 (non BB) ., spools well/only have it set at 16 lbs of boost . trying to dial in the ME-R before I crank up the boost . I guess I maybe used to running a PT52 on the street . :)

have position #3 (0-4000 Power Enrichment) set at "0"
# 6 (off idle ) set at 9

What do you have pos D on? You could try going up on D a bit. Off idle fuel is for more driveability not power. What stall is that convertor? .82 or .63 housing on the turbo?

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
What do you have pos D on? You could try going up on D a bit. Off idle fuel is for more driveability not power. What stall is that convertor? .82 or .63 housing on the turbo?

Postion D is in default at 146 . stall on converter is a 3300 with a PT .63 housing

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
Take D up to 153 and see if it's better.....

i'll try that . just need some better weather to get back out on the road . :)

Pos 6 is a new adjustment and I don't have much data to give you on that.
On my car with 75's , I run a 9 in pos 6 . Will try to go lower. It leans everything out , it is a base fuel offset .
Like Russ said, it is mainly for driveability but does affect wot to some degree.
I am also interested in how low people can go with pos 6 adjustment, maybe a few will chime in.

You have a chip setup for about 4000 stall is why it may seem a little soft on the bottom. I can change that later if you want.

Keep us informed :)

Steve

Originally posted by Steve Y
Pos 6 is a new adjustment and I don't have much data to give you on that.
On my car with 75's , I run a 9 in pos 6 . Will try to go lower. It leans everything out , it is a base fuel offset .
Like Russ said, it is mainly for driveability but does affect wot to some degree.
I am also interested in how low people can go with pos 6 adjustment, maybe a few will chime in.

You have a chip setup for about 4000 stall is why it may seem a little soft on the bottom. I can change that later if you want.

Keep us informed :)

Steve

I did what Russ suggested and I took postion E up to 153 and went for a test run . and it did make a difference , bottom end feels alot stronger . last run was 23-24lbs of boost with a WOT 1600-1610 EGT / 800-817 02's/ 0 knock/wot fuel set at postion 4 / 94 octane-alky . car feels "REAL GOOD" . I'm amazed how the car idles with the ME-R and 75's .

Steve what would be the difference in a chip set up for a 4000 stall to a 3300 stall ???? thanks !

Whats the differance between a chip setup for 3300 and 4000?

Not a whole lot :) :)

NOW......you may find you will mph the best when running the 02 millivolts into the low 800's.....with a lot of boost.

A really snappy throttle response may be had if you lower pos 1, 1 number at a time down from 3. If it is snappy now when you wick the throttle, don't mess with pos 1, tip in.

Go ahead and lower the spool fuel in pos 7 1, possibly 2 numbers. This may help spool harder being you are supplimenting with alcohol.

Steve

Whats the differance between a chip setup for 3300 and 4000?

Not a whole lot :) :)

NOW......you may find you will mph the best when running the 02 millivolts into the low 800's.....with a lot of boost.

A really snappy throttle response may be had if you lower pos 1, 1 number at a time down from 3. If it is snappy now when you wick the throttle, don't mess with pos 1, tip in.

Go ahead and lower the spool fuel in pos 7 1, possibly 2 numbers. This may help spool harder being you are supplimenting with alcohol.

Steve

will try . thanks Steve !!!!!!

When are you going to the track? To test i would like to come

Originally posted by norbs
When are you going to the track? To test i would like to come

anytime your ready . Norbs, would love to have you as a tune tech . just have to get my M/T's mounted .new rebuild has 60 miles on her , and 23 pounds of boost. she's ready . just give me 48hrs notice . :)

"Like Russ said, it is mainly for driveability but does affect wot to some degree".

Uh, Russ didn't say that, I said that :) LOL

He said lean out the map gain, which will work below 4000.

Any report on lowering the 4000-5200 spool fuel? I think that will help. You could also delay the alcohol from coming on too early but watch detonation.

Steve

"Like Russ said, it is mainly for driveability but does affect wot to some degree".

Uh, Russ didn't say that, I said that :) LOL

He said lean out the map gain, which will work below 4000.

Any report on lowering the 4000-5200 spool fuel? I think that will help. You could also delay the alcohol from coming on too early but watch detonation.

Steve

that's what I did Steve , leaned out the MAP Gain (D) and it did make a somewhat difference in the bottom . I'll play with the spool fuel (#7) when the weather clears up and let you know . thanks again guys :) .

I pulled the plugs (NGK RU5's) today and as suspected the engine is running on the rich side .

Where is your wideband 02? Then you can dial it all in, rather than guessing? Get a bung in your exhaust and come by one day and check it out with my lm-1 meter

Where is your wideband 02? Then you can dial it all in, rather than guessing? Get a bung in your exhaust and come by one day and check it out with my lm-1 meter

Norbs , no wideband . just using SM/EGT's/DS . can you use the o2's sensor bung for the wideband ???? weather should be better tommorow , PM me directions/time to your place and I'll drop in .

well you can, for idle conditions, but not for boost, wont be accurate. Do you have a stainless dP on the car?

well you can, for idle conditions, but not for boost, wont be accurate. Do you have a stainless dP on the car?

no , it's a steel 3" TH .

hey, steve Y. not to change the topic. i fially got around to starting my car with the solid roller cam. LOVE IT,LOVE IT. I have been running the car around the block to see how it perform. the car is still awaiting paint. i`m running the street chip at 20psi with 93oct. no KR, O2 @ .820mv. the car idle awsome and ride like a charm. it turns alot of heads with a smile. I`m happy the power train department of the car is street approve:D . still did not get around to the EGT, i`m pretty sure i will before i head out to the track. I`m happy with the ME-R, untill i go stage.

still didn`t lose my headgasket...lol

Im running 10 on pos 6.chip is new and havnt really played a whole lot with it.I used to take d up to 153 all the time and seemed to help havnt tried it on this chip yet .everything seems so close on default

Back