Mease Perf. Big Neck I/C and Alum. Shroud

Kmease

Sounds great Keith,but one question is the stretch intercooler a stock one with another half of a stock one welded up?And what makes it different from the V4.Performs better and cost effective you cant beat that!

PSI drop?

Keith, what about psi drop with the stock core. I have experienced significant drop across the stockers at 20psi of turbo psi. I realize you will have some psi drop with any core, but are intercooler cores all the same? Spearco, etc...

I was leaning heavily towards a V4 or powerstroke intercooler but after reading this thread maybe Keith has a better product.

Does anyone know the standard pricing for Keith's intercoolers (eg 15 row) and the shroud?

Stretch Intercoolers

Keith; My experience with the 1.5 stretch(stock core) & Dutt kneck has been favorable.However I have not heard anyone suggest anything about correctly ducting the air to utilize all the heat exchange area of a 1.5 stretch in the stock location.The airflow thru the duct will take the easiest path which favors the lower area of the core & neglects the the upper area of the core.The duct & its airflow definately affects the intercooler performance.Most aftermarketers do not have the test/validation capability of someone such as G.M. or Garrett.Keith, do you agree?

Keith, Three questions. First, do you know if hot engine heat is recirculated back through your intercooler & shroud at various speeds, including heat sinking at idle and shutdown and if so any any fixes? Second, does the IC fan really do it's job in the stock configuration? Third, when's race day for the Impala!

If I sent in my stock IC how much will it be for him to modify with a bigger neck and with the custom shroud?

How come every time I try to look at the pictures I'm told I can't access them? I've logged in and out several times and no go. I'm able to post but can't see these pictures. Whats up with that?

pics

famlycar I have the same problem. when i try to look at the pics it tells me i don't have access. Maybe some one can help us.....:(

Hey all...

The picture capability was taken away. If anybody's looking for a pic of the shroud and I/C, just email me and I'll send you the pic that was originally loaded in the thread.

TIA
Rich C.

ics

i have purchased two stretch intercoolers from keith and also had him put a big neck on my bgc 24 row ic-all top notch workmanship.