Mercury's version of the GN??

PsYcHo GN

Member Extraordinaire
What do you think about the Mercury Marauder? They came all blacked out and had a high output engine. I would like to see one race an '85 - '86 Impala SS since they're both 4-door land-yachts.

fordmaraurer2004nead1fb.jpg

Last one I saw at NED ran a mid 15.

What do you think about the Mercury Marauder? They came all blacked out and had a high output engine. I would like to see one race an '85 - '86 Impala SS since they're both 4-door land-yachts.

fordmaraurer2004nead1fb.jpg

i think you mean a 95-96 Impala SS and its been done - the Marauder got Crushed by the Impala... they look nice just lacked power.

I like the Marauder better than the SS. It just looks meaner to me.

It has 300 HP but it is a pretty heavy ride :-( but I would still like one for a daily driver :)

I think the SS hp was mid 200's so I don't think it would crush the Marauder.

i saw a marauder run 14.8 stock then the owner put a magnacharger on that 32V 4.6 and went deep into the 12's with it.

stock for stock the marauder will pull an Impala SS but the Impala looks sooooo much nicer IMO

I raced a marauder many years ago, and put the wupping on my 96 impy ss. Stock for stock the impy has so much torque response than the mercury's response to the ss, the marauder.

My old 96 Impala ran 14.6's stock. I saw Marauders running in the mid to high 15's. My Impala also put down almost 260hp to the wheels stock.

That one that I saw run the mid 15s was grudge racing with his buddy that had a Impy SS. Impy won, a couple of times.