You can type here any text you want

Meta-lax treatment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

limitedv6

Stage 11 in the work's
Has anyone had meta-lax treatment done on any of their engine's or engine part's. I am getting ready to have a stage 2 repaired and where I am having it repaired the guy really know's what he is doing when it comes to repairing block's I would say one of the best. I was looking for some info on the meta-lax process and if any of the buick guy's have used it. Thanks

Seeing how these are turbocharged cars..........I would think that using "Turbo-Lax" would be preferred. :biggrin: aka........Dumb and Dumber.

I'm not sure I personally buy the metalurdlgical engineering behind it. If we had issues breaking critical parts then I would try anything, though. Personally I have never used it. If I break parts I use better parts next time. Metallurgy has come a long way. Years ago we were twisting 4340 molybdenum blower drive shafts like they were butter. (2.5" in diameter ) we ended up replacing the shaft with Vascomax 250 .......problem solved. Some guys swear by the Metalax treatment though.

Well I don't think I will have the whole engine done but since I am having some welding done on the stage block I may have it done. Ray the guy doing the repair say's do the whole motor after it is assembled but the head's and stuff will be changed within the next year or so. I know Ray has repaired quite a few of the stage block's as he had pic's of them. I just was trying to see who if anyone had the meta-lax done when they had their repair done thanks.

I think there is a lot to be gained by advanced metal treatments. Eliminating stress in the metal is the main goal. Stresses cause metal to move in unwanted directions before and after machining.

Joe Mondello (RIP) wrote a very interesting article about freezing and shaking metal to eliminate stress. Here is a link to the article: Freeze It, Shake It

Back