Methanol question

Dj_UniQue

I'm running a TT 5.7 chip for 91 and methanol. The supplier of methanol near me is out M1 which I normally use. They have m5 in stock. Never used it before. Wondering if anyone is using m5 over the m1. And if there is any benefit or big differences between the 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realized I posted in the wrong sub section. Anyone know how to move it to the right section?

Sorry guys. Just stumbled upon this thread.

I followed the link and did a google search. But still I haven't found anything.

What is the chemical difference? Additives?

Try this ,www.vpracingfuels.com/download/Tech-Methanol.doc
It looks like M1 is straight 99.85+% pure and M5 has combustion & lubrication additives . Unless the lubrication is bad for our alky pumps I don't see the downside .
Scroll down on the article because it's scrambled at the start .

I just tried that link , and you need the whole link not just the part in yellow .

Try this ,www.vpracingfuels.com/download/Tech-Methanol.doc
It looks like M1 is straight 99.85+% pure and M5 has combustion & lubrication additives . Unless the lubrication is bad for our alky pumps I don't see the downside .
Scroll down on the article because it's scrambled at the start .
OK, no need for a visit to the link. But as always, thank you anyway.

According to Julio Don, I believe NO lubricants or petroleum based additives are recommended with his pump. So I'll stick with the M1.

I'm running a TT 5.7 chip for 91 and methanol. The supplier of methanol near me is out M1 which I normally use. They have m5 in stock. Never used it before. Wondering if anyone is using m5 over the m1.
use the m1.you want it as pure as possible,dont use anything with lubricants or additives

After research and talking to Julio, I found out that with his setup and pump u have to use M1.. The pump doesn't like additives or lubricants..

When you can't find M1, denatured alcohol is a viable, albeit expensive alternative.

When you can't find M1, denatured alcohol is a viable, albeit expensive alternative.
We have a speed shop on Long Island. Plenty of M-1 always in stock.

In the beginning, back a few years ago, just to get the system up and tested after install, I used Isopropyl Alky from CVS.

Very soon after, I bought my first 5 gallon drum of M1. Used it ever since.