You can type here any text you want

Mickey Thompson ET street Radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Charles Young

C Young
I know MT recommends winter storage, something I didn't realize when I bought the tires, but from a practical perspective that means I need 2 sets of tires/wheels. Do you guys with unheated garages that have these tires always take them off in the winter? I live in NC where it of course does freeze in the winter. I would never plan to drive the car in inclement weather regardless of the temperature.

They do get flat spots in them but they go away quickly after driving several miles when warm. I have an unheated garage in the St Louis area...it gets damn cold here. We have already had single digits here. My Mickeys stay mounted and have for 7 years

Bryan

Thanks for the feedback Guys!
Bryan - Are those the same MT's you run at the track?
Seems like I've read some concern about degradation of the rubber somehow with the freeze/thaw cycle. Has anyone seen any real world evidence of this? I wouldn't actually be driving mine in freezing weather.

I've never had an issue. I put my car away in early November and it comes out in April. It gets plenty cold here in NH.

After 2 winters in an unheated garage, I noticed they lost their grip. In the winter, my tires are in garbage bags in the basement.

Even without freezing, they simply lose grip over time. The freezing does seem to accelerate it. Just need to race more and use them at their best. Wear on the street is better after they age a bit though.

I know MT recommends winter storage, something I didn't realize when I bought the tires, but from a practical perspective that means I need 2 sets of tires/wheels. Do you guys with unheated garages that have these tires always take them off in the winter?
nope

Thanks for the feedback Guys!
Bryan - Are those the same MT's you run at the track?
Seems like I've read some concern about degradation of the rubber somehow with the freeze/thaw cycle. Has anyone seen any real world evidence of this? I wouldn't actually be driving mine in freezing weather.
Same tire....
Bowling Green was the first time my car has been down a track since May of 2010 and only 4 passes back then. I haven't had the best of luck with engines and transmissions. ..
Transmission was flaring on the 2-3 shift in Bowling Green.
I can't run at my home track as I do not have a cage.

Bryan

mine looks nice but are very hard.
drive a couple of miles at low pressure to get them warm and fill them back up.

Back