Might want to add this to the list!?!

ScottyG

so trying to make a long story short,
I pretty much gave up on my 86 T-type! I been battling a surging and bucking and backfiring for almost a year.
The car sat inside for about 9 years (needed trans and rearend and misc parts) prior to this! Was my brothers car! Got it off him last year! After I sold my old car to my buddy

So the last 2 weeks we been replacing parts on it to figure this problem out! We had known good stock parts off my buddy's car! So we pretty much went through the hole wiring, replace turbo,injectors,regulator,put old 1 wire 02 on it,maf, anything u can think of!!
Now the car has like 64k original miles on it! Car was ran hard before my brother got it back in 08', ran high 11s I guess!
I need to replace timing set forsure! And the pass head gasket was replaced after noticing it while trying to get it to run right!

After all this trouble it came down to one problem! THE DAMN CRANK BOLT WAS LOOSE! We look at the crank sensor to it Was fine has a .30 air gap! Crazy been battling this problem for a year! My brother drove the car and beat the shit outta it back in 08 with no problems on what I am having!

It might be a good idea to maybe add/ check your crank bolt once every year on the spring cleaning !

I'm just glad I figure it out! Now I can get my new chip for e-85 and let it rip at 30lbs

Your heads can't swallow the air your turbo is forcing down its throat . Basically u need to do some port work on your heads , or a different turbo. What kinda fuel,system do u have that's going to support 30lbs ?

Your heads can't swallow the air your turbo is forcing down its throat . Basically u need to do some port work on your heads , or a different turbo. What kinda fuel,system do u have that's going to support 30lbs ?

Oh I put the car back to stock to figure out my problem! Since I figure it out I can put my other stuff back on it!

I got -8feed and -6return on my car already just need to put my regulator back on and I got 60lbers injectors with a 465 pump and I got a TA60 turbo

There's no way 60lb injectors will support 30lbs of boost on E85, but I could be wrong. :eek:

Yea I maxed my 80s out with the same pump and lines at 26lbs . 60s are tiny to run e85 IMO .

Yea I maxed my 80s out with the same pump and lines at 26lbs . 60s are tiny to run e85 IMO .

He'll figure it out, fast.

Let's hope it's not the hard way........

It was good to see you at Bates, did you find a buyer for any of those Indy engine parts?

How much power did you put down? U can't compare a stock engine to a engine that have been bored and stroke and all that good stuff! I should only make around 400rwhp

It was good to see you at Bates, did you find a buyer for any of those Indy engine parts?

Lol I won't learn the hard way! I know what I'm doing. Stock engine 60s will be plenty with that TA60 in e-85

You'll probably need 80's

Naw my buddy is running 80s at 26lbs on a 6266 and he put out almost 500rwhp and he has the pte intercooler and has the same fuel lines and is not even close to maxing them out! But he did need two 340 tho .
My turbo is smaller and I have stock intercooler

Yea I did and it went strait to bills . I am swapping to my stage heads though so I'm saving up for that move

Naw my buddy is running 80s at 26lbs on a 6266 and he put out almost 500rwhp and he has the pte intercooler and has the same fuel lines and is not even close to maxing them out! But he did need two 340 tho .
My turbo is smaller and I have stock intercooler

Good luck. I hope you are correct.

Let us know how it works out, please.

Well we can look forward to another post riddled with a thousand unnecessary exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. The key word in your statement is should . I hope it works out for u so u can be smashing on more of them there vetts .