milled heads ?

shasta

wondering how having the stock heads milled would affect the engine...how would it affect compression, amount of boost, performance etc., etc. and anything and everything else

will increase the compression a very tiny bit...some of us use a single shim gasket to get even more compression out of the engine and others have a conniption fit because they think you cannot increase the compression on our engines... :)

so what is your point? :)

lots of engines running 9-1 in the nines...just different combinations and philosophies

would the pushrods be affected by milled heads? depending on how much the heads were milled would longer pushrods be needed or would the stock ones be fine

Originally posted by six appeal
would the pushrods be affected by milled heads? depending on how much the heads were milled would longer pushrods be needed or would the stock ones be fine [/QUOTE

The pushrod length could possibly be affected , depending on much milling was done, Im working on that situaton right now, I used single shim head gasket, and my lifter preload is .070 which is a bit to much , so im looking into getting pushrods that are .035 shorter to give me the proper lifter preload. or im looking into shimming the T.A rocker shafts. the answer to your question depends on what your lifter preload is