You can type here any text you want

Mini Cooper S

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I meant the mini cooper trying to actually race someone

As far as a generation feeling whats quick or whatnot, reality is most of todays 4 bangers wipe the floor with the huge V8s of yesteryear. My dad always talks about his 289 Mustang and his brothers road runner and bla bla bla but the reality is both my cars with considerably less displacement would wipe the floor with the both of them.

Theres magazine articles from the early 70s amazed how a SD455 Trans Am ran a "unheard of" 13.9, sorry but my cobalt ss STOCK runs that. Cars today are faster than they have ever been. Sure there are footnotes such as the grand national it was the only car in the entire decade that was fast but it was the exception more than the rule.

289 Mustang .

289 is huge displacement? LMFAO...ummmm Detroit put out a thing called a big block...

Theres magazine articles from the early 70s amazed how a SD455 Trans Am ran a "unheard of" 13.9, sorry but my cobalt ss STOCK runs that.

There has been significant improvements in tire technology, this was what held them back, look at there trap speeds, probably a bit higher than a cobalt's 101 to 105 mph. Big block Buicks and vettes on good tires would run circles around a cobalt supercharged or turbocharged, more like high and mid 11's "stock", by the way I've seen plenty of Cobalt S/C that run 14.90s stock on a perfect run, but maybe you got a "special" one. I saw BadBaltguy from the cobaltss.net forum run a Hahn prepped ($$$) Turbo SS at only 14.0s. @ 105mph.

But yes today's technology has made huge differences in performance, but the real performers (vipers and Zo6, Zr-1) are of the charts in price.

I meant the mini cooper trying to actually race someone

As far as a generation feeling whats quick or whatnot, reality is most of todays 4 bangers wipe the floor with the huge V8s of yesteryear. My dad always talks about his 289 Mustang and his brothers road runner and bla bla bla but the reality is both my cars with considerably less displacement would wipe the floor with the both of them.

Theres magazine articles from the early 70s amazed how a SD455 Trans Am ran a "unheard of" 13.9, sorry but my cobalt ss STOCK runs that. Cars today are faster than they have ever been. Sure there are footnotes such as the grand national it was the only car in the entire decade that was fast but it was the exception more than the rule.

Yeah...sorry about that, I misunderstood and thought you were thumping me for killing a Mini.
...and the B-Complex, M&M's and angry man Green Tea kicked in and all my frustration over the over paid bankers came out biggrin: ...but I'm never serious anyway, so my earlier reply to you was all in fun.

I agree that these little half pint "muscle" cars coming out today....Cobalt SS, SRT-4, STi, Evo, ....even the Mini Cooper S.... would all put most of the famed 60's to early 70's muscle cars to shame in a quarter mile, and definitely on any course that has even one left or right hand turn on it.

I remember my first 68 Camaro. It had the 327 and a Powerssssslide trans. When I floored it and it kicked down into passing gear....I was a GOD!!!:D
Reality is it probably would have struggled to roll through the traps with anything better than a 16.0:eek:

Even the 69 ZL-1 Camaro....one of the fastest factory muscle cars of all time.... with it's all aluminum 427 cranking out around 500HP was just a low 12second car in the hands of a good driver....mid/high 11's if you could get the thing to hook on slicks and opened the exhaust. But the average Joe on his dealer installed Polyglass tires would blow the tires off of it and come through the traps in the low/mid 13's. Our Turbo Buicks will do that with some minor tweaks...
....and they only made 69 of them so it's not as if they were easy to come by.

Well...the streets of So Cali are safe for the next couple weeks....
I'm off to Sao Paulo, Brazil.:biggrin:

Man, this was a nice story about a GN driving chicken killing anything that rolls and then you guys had to bring my beloved VW Scirocco into it:frown:

Well the next time I'm driving the Scirocco and I come across a chicken driving anything, it's ON! That motherclucker is going down!

Yes meanchicken will race anyone, He even chose off my gardner in his 1980 Toyota pickup. He put a car length on the chicken but his lawn mower in the process flew out & got destroyed. He is now out of work & can't feed the family. How many more lives will be affected by this maniac before justice is served.

Yes meanchicken will race anyone, He even chose off my gardner in his 1980 Toyota pickup. He put a car length on the chicken but his lawn mower in the process flew out & got destroyed. He is now out of work & can't feed the family. How many more lives will be affected by this maniac before justice is served.

Well I hope he earned his lesson.
Never mess with a Turbo Buick that's sporting a Czarnota built engine and prescribed combo.

...and I gave him that length....it's part of fishing.....always give the fish a little line before you sink it...

Then as I blew past him, I rubbed his paint a little.....that's racing.:biggrin:
Aint my fault if he can't handle a little paint rub.

Well I hope he earned his lesson.
Never mess with a Turbo Buick that's sporting a Czarnota built engine and prescribed combo.

...and I gave him that length....it's part of fishing.....always give the fish a little line before you sink it...

Then as I blew past him, I rubbed his paint a little.....that's racing.:biggrin:
Aint my fault if he can't handle a little paint rub.

Probably a hit & run situation, neither probably has any insurance.

come around the chicago land area and you might run into a mini that'll send you home cryin i need more power. i know someone who found out first hand, wasn't pretty. talk about a sleeper

I'm sure they are out there.
I've lso heard about a 10 second PT Cruiser in the Yorba Linda area...:eek:

That'd suck watching one of those walk away!

come around the chicago land area and you might run into a mini that'll send you home cryin i need more power. i know someone who found out first hand, wasn't pretty. talk about a sleeper

Thanks Larry,for selling me out:o this SOB was race reading with roll cage and all:mad:he pretty much gave me a serious @ss whipping:mad: :mad: :mad:let me remind you my gn is a low 12's car

Real world result on how fast the muscle cars of old really are in the hands of an experienced driver.

Pure Stock Muscle Car drags.

2007 Pure Stock Drags - Drag Race Results - Super Chevy Magazine

The quickest of these of course are the models that were the pinnacle of the Muscle Cars that were released in limited numbers to qualify the factory sponsored race teams. They are quicker than the average models that actually roamed the streets in reasonable numbers.

Back