Misery loves company

Grumpy

Thread killer
well got another TTA today .. My other needed a friend :rolleyes: this is goin to be my new beater .. putting the 10k mile car back to stock :eek: maybe :p 35k on this one . watch for some spare parts coming off soon ... 9" Ford rear end, 17" wheels (I think they are) and other junk :wink:

Attachments

• TTANEW.JPG
    TTANEW.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 315
Grumpy said:
well got another TTA today .. My other needed a friend :rolleyes: this is goin to be my new beater .. putting the 10k mile car back to stock :eek: maybe :p 35k on this one . watch for some spare parts coming off soon ... 9" Ford rear end, 17" wheels (I think they are) and other junk :wink:
Just save you the trouble and sell it to me :)

youre putting yuor stage two one back to stock? What mods this new one have? Wheels IMHO are :rolleyes:

the 10k car has the stage 2 motor sitting in it for the headers being made .. they should be done soon ... soooo take the parts out and put it back as a stocker .. nothing was cut and everything I did is reversible :p ohhh the wheels .... ummmm not my choise .. they came with the car .. they will be sold along with some other stuff off the car :eek:

Grumpy said:
the 10k car has the stage 2 motor sitting in it for the headers being made .. they should be done soon ... soooo take the parts out and put it back as a stocker .. nothing was cut and everything I did is reversible :p ohhh the wheels .... ummmm not my choise .. they came with the car .. they will be sold along with some other stuff off the car :eek:

Grumpy,
Nice car. On the Stage 2 headers , are you going with single or twins? Who is making them for you and roughly how much?

Thanks,
Marty

I am running a single DBB 76 turbo .. ummm header's are expensive .. I also went with 321 SS.. I am cleanin up the car today while it's warm out :rolleyes: then access whats coming off the car .. hybrid send me your email and Ill send ya pics of the wheels.. they are not that old but have just been sitting :( .. car should look a lot better in a few hours .. Interior needs nothing but the map pocket and TTA emblem :cool:

Grumpy, if you come across a stock Air Box for sale when you part that thing look me up, mines a bit rusted up and ugly.

I should have a new one from my first TTA in 89 .. was on the car for 1 day :rolleyes: ...hmmmm I might need it for this 10k car goin back as a stocker .. I might have another ... lemme check :wink:

Grumpy said:
I should have a new one from my first TTA in 89 .. was on the car for 1 day :rolleyes: ...hmmmm I might need it for this 10k car goin back as a stocker .. I might have another ... lemme check :wink:

Thanks, let me know if you find onw.
Jim

ok it got a bath today ...hey it hit 45*s :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Bcar.JPG
    Bcar.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Bcar5.JPG
    Bcar5.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 125
Grumpy,
When you get your headers done can you post some pictures. Are they similar in design to the ATR's at the turbo ? Also wondering any particular reason you chose to use stage 2 heads?

Marty

jjvites said:
Grumpy,
When you get your headers done can you post some pictures. Are they similar in design to the ATR's at the turbo ? Also wondering any particular reason you chose to use stage 2 heads?

Marty

NO DON"T have Stage2 heads ..this is goin to be a street car .. using Champion alum heads (stage 2 shortblock) ..Header's arn't anything like ATRs . Jan good memory .. same ol driveway .. just different cars :eek: here are the header's in progress :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-115S.JPG
    MVC-115S.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 122
  • MVC-112S.JPG
    MVC-112S.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 128
Dan, nice looking headers.....reminds me of a set I saw on a Camaro :p You may have seen that car before, maroon, single-turbo, TPI, drag-radials......runs 9's :biggrin:

V8Killer said:
Dan, nice looking headers.....reminds me of a set I saw on a Camaro :p You may have seen that car before, maroon, single-turbo, TPI, drag-radials......runs 9's :biggrin:

hmmmmm lemme think :confused: this one ?? ummm I have a rear end here :eek:

Attachments

• beater.jpg
    beater.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Smitty3.JPG
    Smitty3.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 122
Grumpy said:
NO DON"T have Stage2 heads ..this is goin to be a street car .. using Champion alum heads (stage 2 shortblock) ..Header's arn't anything like ATRs . Jan good memory .. same ol driveway .. just different cars :eek: here are the header's in progress :cool:
Dan,
Interesting headers, so where are they going to merge together and what of the turbo flange?

Marty

crossover is goin in front of the motor .. should have more pics next week ..well providing we don't get burried with snow :rolleyes: