Mission: Stock TTA vs stock LS1

Swede2 said:
Hmm, do we have any stock TTA owner in the surroundings of you ?
To much to ask for I guess :)

Daniel

There's actually plenty of Turbo Buicks in the Chicago area. Don't know how many are stock TTAs, however.

My Z28 doesn't feel all that fast to me. It's actually kind of disappointing. From a roll over 60mph, I'd think a stock TTA could easily walk away from my Z28. Under 40-50mph in 2nd gear, the Z absolutely rips for being stock. It could probably use a good tune up even though it only has 69k miles. Oh, I forgot it has a K&N air filter and an intake lid. Didn't notice any improvement at all with them. I don't even really consider a lid a significant mod until other work is done. Exhaust work should wake it up.

I'm in the Chicago Burbs. When I first got my car it was stock except for the K&n. My buddy had a Ls1 TA and i usually beat him by about 2 lengths up to about 110mph or so. From a roll about 1 length to 100 or so.

Now I'm addicted to alky and 25#, running 61 series turbo. This thing flies now wouldn't even be close. ;)

89ICBM said:
Howdy Frank!!
QUE PAASSAA Jim?

Man! That was one cool time! Did anybody get a shot of us when we fanned out across Woodward? What was it, 5 or 6 side by side? Too COOL! Do you have any pics from those few days? If so, give us a link to see them. Oh yea! I'm still looking for that Tequila you liked, MAN! That stuff is as scarce as a toad frogs tail. I think it's only made every so many years. I guess that drunken pervert JonB sold his ride. I guess it didn't quite match his drag queen image! :D

Frank
I still have all the pics from that year, I'll dig them up and post them up at krif.com
If you come across any of that tequila let me know!
cya
Jim

MY TTA with k&n cone filter, hallow cat and nitto drs vrs. 01 ws6 6-speed with fi flow lid and loudmouth catback also on nitto's I could leave him by 1-1/2 cars every time then we stayed about even up to 130 range after that he pulled up and away from me. but 70k+ on stock valve springs is no help. even on a roll we pulled almost 100% the same so I would say they are a close match

I will post a video from Route 66 dragway of my 89TTA vs 01SS. Both cars are not bone stock but close.

Thanks. That was only 18lbs of boost and 0 boost launch. I have put on a dump pipe and plan to run 20-21lbs on 100 ocatne. I am racing the car again this weekend. I hope to be below 12.50

1BADDAM said:
I just put this one up on streetfire. LT1 vs TTA. Easy pickins :biggrin:

Hey.... how did my old car and my movie came up there?

Better movie and link is at my website: http://www.turbouffe.com/movies/turbo_vs_lt1.mpeg

From what i remembered at that time my TTA had stock yada,yada except DP, chip TA-49 and hemco, and no boost at all on the line (overheated) bad tranny with no third gear.....
Tha LT1 had some major mods and 6 on the floor.

Hehe, this was a intresting thread :)

I have no vid on it, but I meet a LT1 TA last year. It was stock, and I had the TA49 I think, running at 18 psi, with a trasher chip.

After the race we stopped and he wondered what I had done to it.
I use to take 350 TPI down easy he said, I even win against Corvette LT1.

I said, well this is not a GTA V8... it only have a v6.

He: WHAT ? A V6 ?

Me: Yes with turbo, mounted from fabric.

He: Cool

Me: Yes its almost stock, Pontiacs fastest car ever I told him.

He: Damn, I must mod my car more... This was hard to be beaten by... (He said it a few times again before he leaved, we were at a "car show" with lots of ricers.

Daniel

The Swede said:
Hey.... how did my old car and my movie came up there?

From what i remembered at that time my TTA had stock yada,yada except DP, chip TA-49 and hemco, and no boost at all on the line (overheated) bad tranny with no third gear.....
Tha LT1 had some major mods and 6 on the floor.

I like the sound of No Traction after the 1-2 shift until half way through 2nd. I guess no third gear is why you killed it once it did the 2-3 shift.