You can type here any text you want

Moog #5413 users-what shocks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

For guys running Moogs #5413s in the rear what shocks are you running-after installing a set of these springs today i noticed my shocks are too tall - i need shorter shocks? What are the best ones to use?

Take your shocks to the parts store with you and have them size a set up. I use stock shocks with my 5413's but they are a little long and allow the spring to wiggle when the car is lifted. I dont worry about it in my Regal because I dont plan to go airborn but it would be nice to not have to hassle with it! I believe S-10 are shorter than the G-Body shocks. I havent got that far yet!

I think i came across this situation before when i used eibachs and i think the bilsteins corrected the space issue-thanks for your input.

Are you unable to attach the shock to the rear end? Does it not compress enough? I was able to fit mine stock length shocks fine, they just have a little too much travel.

5413's in my car with Monroe Shocks. Everytime i jack up the car, springs fall down at an angle. When jacking back up i have to aim them back into the upper holes.
Anyone figure out a fix to keep 'em straight up? ride wise it seems fine to me.

If you jack up the car-the springs fall out of their mounting locations-obviously need shorter length shocks- maybe the S-10 ones will work.

If you jack up the car-the springs fall out of their mounting locations-obviously need shorter length shocks- maybe the S-10 ones will work.
Someone do it and let us know...I have 5413s w/ a coil removed, I can change them out by pulling in my driveway at an angle and unloading a corner at a time......SUCK!

Dont quote me on the S10 shocks, I'm not positive they are shorter but if I remember correctly they are. Thats the problem with lowering springs, at least these keep a good spring rate instead a weaker rate of the longer springs. I'm going to look into the shocks once I start playing with the Regal a little more. I still would rather have the 5413's or BellTechs that Hotchkis or Eibachs because of the better ride quality but the short spring does need some work, thats for sure!

Back