You can type here any text you want

moog 5658's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sdteb

trying to get it like you
why would putting these in actually raise the car's front end up about an inch...i had fairly new stock replacement moog in the front before this??

Shouldnt raise the car at all. Either they put the wrong springs in the box or something isnt installed correctly. Did you remove the swaybar while you were installing these springs? Is it re-installed upside down? Did you bind the control arm bolts by overtightening them? Is the spring seated in the perch up top? Is the spring clocked into the notch in the lower control arm? Did you lube the control arm bushings and swaybar bushings while you were down there?

answers

Shouldnt raise the car at all. Either they put the wrong springs in the box or something isnt installed correctly. they were new in the box unopened. Did you remove the swaybar while you were installing these springs? no Is it re-installed upside down? how can i tell? Did you bind the control arm bolts by overtightening them? dont think so? Is the spring seated in the perch up top? yes Is the spring clocked into the notch in the lower control arm? Did you lube the control arm bushings and swaybar bushings while you were down there? no

see above

see above

Verify that the bottom end of the spring is clocked into the notch in the lower control arm. Also, just becuase they were new in the box doesnt mean that they are the correct spring. Sometimes they label the wrong box. It's happened before and people have had to just get another set of springs. You need to lube the bushings everytime you take the bolts out of them, extremely important. If these springs raised the car an inch higher than a new set of 5660 springs, something is severly wrong.

ill take a picofit...they also made the car look like i jacked it up donk wheels...one side it higher than the other....the 5413's i put in the back lowered one side more than the other...i think it is a result of the front right pass spring sitting about an inch higer...i swear this is 2 inches hgher than the 5660 moogs i put in...damn frustrating...

ill take a picofit...they also made the car look like i jacked it up donk wheels...one side it higher than the other....the 5413's i put in the back lowered one side more than the other...i think it is a result of the front right pass spring sitting about an inch higer...i swear this is 2 inches hgher than the 5660 moogs i put in...damn frustrating...

And the front springs are not a fun job to do either! I hate changing them out but I guess sometimes you just gotta do it. Yeah somethings deifnately not right at all. Double check installation, specifically the clocking on the lower control arm and the seat to the upper perch. Another hint, use electrical tape to tape the rubber isolator to the top of the springs before you install them. A lot of time, they get moved off the top of the spring if you dont secure them.

Back