Moose Preserve Meet

Turboslots

Guys and Gals,
The Moose Preserve Meet is "ON" ! It is on the Wednesday before the Woodward Dream Cruise. We usually start to gather there around 4:30 or so. Pass the word to all of your Turbo Buddies and let them know about Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at the "Moose Preserve" . Thanx. Russ

Russ,

The entire Full Throttle Speed Team will be in attendance. Looking forward to interacting with everyone. Look for the Turbo Skull T-Shirts!

Blew my trans on the street Saturday night, anyone out there have a good working trans they can part with so I can throw it in for the Woodward cruise this weekend?!!!!

Just an FYI, for those looking for 100LL Race Gas you can get it at Pontiac Air Center at the Oakland/Pontiac airport for $5.38 a gallon. Just bring your red gas cans and tell'em you're getting gas for a float plane. Pentastar will also sell it to those with reg gas cans for those who have float planes, unfortunately it's $0.40 more a gallon.
https://www.airnav.com/airport/KPTK/PONTIAC_AIR_CENTER

The fuelers tell me the octane rating is closer to 110LL....

The weather looks good, the floods are receding, and the temperatures will be perfect! I will be attending, without my car (which I sold last fall). Today's company meetings won't end until 6:00pm, so I probably won't be there until around 7:00pm.

Since I am very bad at comparing screen names to actual people's faces, I am hoping that those who attend from this board will introduce themselves by their screen names. I might even try to wear a name tag with my screen name on it to help other people out.

Looking forward to seeing some old faces again...

Was he the one that went really sideways out on Woodward in front of the Moose? Whoever that was went for one helk of a ride.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good show, always a pleasure to attend.

It goes without saying, but the since the Moose Preserve's TR inception I've noticed a huge change in the lack of diversity in the Turbo Regal community anymore. I know 5+ years ago when I took my white WO2 and white WO2 Limited there were a rainbow of Turbo Ts/T-Types but no more. I know they're getting collected and stored more often thus reducing their exposure, and I find that a shame. Also, as time has taken it's toll along with racing these cars it's getting much rarer to see an ORIGINAL GN, unmodified with the crappy GM paint.

I saw a lot of BEAUTIFUL and modified GNs there, one TTA, one T-Type and no Typhoons or Syclones. We're losing the diverse heritage of our cars and it saddens me. :(

Damn Mike, wish I knew you were there. I was either IN the Moose Preserve or had already left. I've been the one writing you for months about an inconsistent "popping/backfiring" taking place with my Turbo-T for a while now. Seems to have gone away at the moment but I'm sure it'll be back.