You can type here any text you want

more boost =

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1fast6

more boost=less traction:frown: Turned it up to 20#:cool: today and now it looses traction when I hit 2nd gear:frown: Time for some winter tires I guess.

runnin 20 lbs with no alky?

yep, 19-19.5 to be exact and 7% fuel through the chip. i see about
3kr in 2-3 shift goes away though. I'm more worried about the trans than i am the headgaskets.
As soon as it warms up I will be back down to 16-17:frown:

20 psi? You have 93 octane out there? I'd never run that on California 91.
Fun times when the car picks up a bit of power ":)

Did it for years on 93, not just in cold weather either...It amazes me the way people freak out when they hear of someone running more than 15 psi on 93.

more boost=less traction:frown: Turned it up to 20#:cool: today and now it looses traction when I hit 2nd gear:frown: Time for some winter tires I guess.

Not in Florida.. time for some drag radials.

Did it for years on 93, not just in cold weather either...It amazes me the way people freak out when they hear of someone running more than 15 psi on 93.

Throw extra fuel and drop timing. Easy. Doesnt mean its faster tho :redface:

Question.. whats worse on the motor.. 3 degree's knock at 20 psi or 0 degree's knock running 25 PSI?

I dont think there is a street tire that works once you get to a certain power output especially when it is cold. I had mine tuned right at 18psi and it would blister the tires in first through second and I would have to lift. This was a few weeks back when it was still in the 70's. I gave the rod a few more turns because I wanted to be right at 20psi.....then it got cold. I drove the car yesterday since I turned it up and the few pounds I thought I gave it actually equaled about 6 with the temp drop:eek: I just started to get in the throttle and not even half throttle it was blowing the tires off and I saw 26psi and 13.6 knock:eek: I lifted real quick! I backed the rod to where it was at 18 psi when it was warm and is now 20psi. It will show between 1-2 of kr if I go WOT anywhere in first due to real bad tire spin but if I go WOT in 3rd it is nice and clean.

I am running Nitto 275-50-15 DR and they are useless when it gets cold out but do ok in hot weather....they still go away in first but do recover if you pedal it. I think I may back the boost down even more so I can get some traction in first.

Oh and I do get the 20psi on 93oct:cool:

Throw extra fuel and drop timing. Easy. Doesnt mean its faster tho :redface:

Question.. whats worse on the motor.. 3 degree's knock at 20 psi or 0 degree's knock running 25 PSI?

I prefer the situation I had, 20 psi 93 octane no knock. Can every car do this, nope but with a good intercooler properly running car it's possible. I didn't change the timing from whatever my street chip was back then.

You know I love my alky, but it just cracks me up that people think every Buick is the same and can't run over 15 psi on pump gas. Different cars with different parts react differently to boost. I mean that car I ran 30 psi on with alky DAILY, on this car it won't even make 30.

Don't get me wrong at 20 psi it was on the edge, but I still haven't popped a HG to this day on 2 cars (knock on wood).

nitto's are like bricks in the winter .... get a mt radials 28 inches tall do a small burnout an they will hook :D

nitto's are like bricks in the winter .... get a mt radials 28 inches tall do a small burnout an they will hook :D

yeah they do pretty good in the summer but are slick in the winter....I have the Mickey T's on my Vett and they do work really good! I went with the Nitto cause it is a full tread tire and I do drive my Buick a lot and they work well in the rain. I was caught in the rain in my vette driving 30mph and the rear got a lil loose in a turn....grant it a lot of factors were against me....very wide tire 325/50/15....very light car 2900pounds and it was raining hard.
I think I am going to to a 275/60/15 on the buick next to get that extra 2inches and help my mph in the 1/4

IMO Nitto NT555R's are bricks at any temp, i think i hooked better with a set of BFG traction T/As. MTs now and it sticks like a dream!

,Dan

Back