More free Toddware!

tjthorson

Well, since I am digging up the old code - stuff I haven't touched since 1998, I updated another one of my programs people seemed to like. It works on all flavors of Windows, but its especially helpful to Windows 9x/Me users.

You know when you press Ctr-Alt-Del and get that list of stuff thats running? You know there is LOTS mroe going on behind the scenes - possibly some things you may not want running? I made a tool to examine those things.

You can view all running threads (kinda like the process list in NT) and see what EXE is calling the thread (for troubleshooting) and even "request" that the system close the thread (it doesn't have to listen!)

Another Toddware favorite - free to all. Just send me a note letting me know how much you enjoy it. I could use the ego boost! :D

ftp://ftp.comdisco.com/todds/WinClose.exe

Originally posted by tjthorson
Well, since I am digging up the old code - stuff I haven't touched since 1998, I updated another one of my programs people seemed to like. It works on all flavors of Windows, but its especially helpful to Windows 9x/Me users.

You know when you press Ctr-Alt-Del and get that list of stuff thats running? You know there is LOTS mroe going on behind the scenes - possibly some things you may not want running? I made a tool to examine those things.

You can view all running threads (kinda like the process list in NT) and see what EXE is calling the thread (for troubleshooting) and even "request" that the system close the thread (it doesn't have to listen!)

Another Toddware favorite - free to all. Just send me a note letting me know how much you enjoy it. I could use the ego boost! :D

ftp://ftp.comdisco.com/todds/WinClose.exe

Seeing as the only boost you will see for a while will be the ego....ohhh that was low...:eek: :D

Hehe. Thanks a bunch. Set up the insurance, bank accounts and credit cards for the business today. :D

May is coming up quick! Can't wait!

Thanks again for the cool software Todd. Can you enlighten us on the new biz? I remember your threads from awhile back, looks like you did it, congrats my man:cool:

Yeah sure. You sitting down? I am a computer guy by nature. Jack of all trades type - light software development (for fun, mostly), a lousy "type the HTML" web designer, antivirus/security, software distribution architecture, technical planning, WAN/LAN, Netware, NT, etc.

I also tinker with cars for fun. The only thing I haven't done is rebuild a manual or auto trans or do a front end alignment. I think I have done everything else at least once, including complete engine swaps, and rebuilds in the garage.

I also do a lot of work on the house - every electric wire in the house has been replaced, along with every water and sewer pipe. Walls removed, walls added.

Plus, my wife says I am a pretty good lover.... ;)

So, after all those things, I am buying/starting a franchise that employs Maids. Its called Maid Brigade, out fo Atlanta. Months of due diligence, I have come across no other business that has all the things I need to make this work.

1) Investment startup (<50,000 total needed)
2) Income potential - average numbers of 150-200K+ income after 5 years.
3) B2B hours - Monday - Friday 8-5. to spend time with the family at soccer/baseball/basketball games and out on the boat.

So, there is NO sex appeal with this business - main reason more people aren't doing it. But, it will be my business, and if it doesn't work - it will be my own fault. Not another case of some punk taking over a $2.2 Billion company and bankrupting it in 3 years..... I am tired of the corporate life....

So, May 5-9 I am in ATlanta for training, and then the fun begins!!!!

Whoah, branching out in new areas huh?? Believe it or not, I have considered doing something similar myself in the past. Only my idea involved hot chicks in bikinnis or french maid uniforms to come clean up for ya:D Same principle, just a little more sex appeal, and I think you could definately make a killing! Good luck on your new endeavor!

Todd ,will you be wearing a french maids outfit while doing this,,,J/K:D :D :D
Good luck with your new venture....

Do I get a TB discount ????