You can type here any text you want

More Timing Yelds Me Less Mph.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

van460

TUNING ON F.A.S.T LAST NIGHT 50/50 MIX GAS AND 17-18 PSI. STARTED TIMING AT 20 DEGRESS AMD NETTED GOOD MPH. NO ESC RETARD WAS PRESENT SO I WILL PUT SOME TIMING IN IT, PUT 3 DEGRESS IN IT AND YELDED 7 MPH LOSS IN MPH ( WOW) PUT THE TIMING DOWN TO 19 DEGRESS AND ADDED 1 POUND OF BOOST -19 PSI HAD BEST MPH OF THE NIGHT, THOUGHT TIMING WOULD GAIN MPH ON MY TURBO CAR NOT LOSE. HAVE NEW GTQ TURBO WHICH I CAN TELL LIKES THE BOOST. DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT WHAT WOULD BE THE VARIABLES FOR THIS? TRIED TO KEEP O2 CORRECTION AS CLOSE TO AERO AS POSSIBLE SO IT WAS NOT RICH AND LEAN DURING THE RUNS. BEING IT IS VERY COOL OUT COULD THIS BE WHY IT WILL RUN MORE BOOST AND NOT KNOCK? USUALLY RUN 17 PSI ON 93 OCTANE NO PROBLEM.

Sounds like you were right on the verge of detonation, and you found your optimal timing.

Of course we don't know about traction, engine temperature, etc., but that would be my guess.

Are you positive your knock sensor is reading correctly? Is the sensor torqued properly, for proper sensitivity?

-Bob C.

HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE KNOCK SINCE I HAVE OWNED THE CAR, I WAS TOLD THE ESC WOULD WORK BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT OFF ZERO. HOW CAN I TELL, WITH THE FAST? DO I NEED TO BOOST DOWN? DO YOU HAVE CONTACT I BELIVE I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU BEFORE.

Back