You can type here any text you want

moser axles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobs rare 6

Is it normal for mosers to get a little twisting in the splines? I am going through my diff. and noticed this. Only several 1.5 60 fts. Abuddy noticed same twisting on his. Also where is the best place to get new clutch pack for rear diff? Bob.

i havent noticed twisting of the splines, but i have noticed that the wheel flange gets a wobble. i prefer strange axles because of this

i have not "twisting" but side of splines look riveted
and it give some loose in strange mini spool

looking for a new one but i want to go with superior axle
if they decide to built a set. I ordered a set last summer it was back
order during 2 month after that I cancel the order.

claude

FYI, I talked to moser and they said the slight twisting is normal. Has anyone added an extra clutch to the factory limited slip when replacing clutch packs for more clamping force?

High performance axle shafts are a little softer than stock axleshafts.

This allows shock loading (drag race starts) without breakage.

Because they are softer, they tend to to twist a little easier.

It is easy to inspect and see how much twist there is. Just pull the shaft and look at the splines.

The best way to check for twist is to paint a straight line down the length of the shaft on the first time installation. The amount of twist will be surprising. Up to 1 full revolution.

You have to contact the manufacturer to find out when how much twist is allowable before replacement is required.

Back