Motor making a pounding noise

Nice touch Earl.
That's the holiday spirit!

The only difference is the Grinch actually has a heart. :D

I hope it's not toast want to see a happy ending.

He got a healthy dose of bad advice about a month or so and it ended up with him running the engine with no oil pressure. I'm pretty sure a mortal wound was inflicted and it manifest while overrevving in 1st with lateral Gs on the oil pan. It was most likely a double whammy at the worst possible time for it to happen.
Couple that with the car being a hotair, the numbers just don't jive unless it's a sentimental labor of love.

Someone told him to run the engine without oil pressure? Now I gotta go find this thread.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have enjoyed this thread immensely! Oh fellas.....
Do you know what fat girls always give the best head?
Because they are always hungry!

So, I've read this whole thread and I can say that I've been through all of the steps Danny has been through . These cars seem to pick on young owners and always knock and start shitting and bucking.. its like the heart of the car knows you should be over 40 years old to drive it. But my point here is don't let the car beat you just yet. I looked for my noise for over three months and took it to the best turbo buick guys in my area and all them couldn't figure it out. No one knows unless they have a good week to work on your car. sitting on the forum and asking what's making the noise will do two things.

1 -You will get the guys come out and insult you over and over and make a fool of you because you don't know every little piece of history on each component of the engine.
2-After that you will be told to throw money and parts at the car that wont change any of your problems.

So back to my story I sat on the boards asking for help for quite a while and nothing was figured out. I got angry with the motor and the builders reputation so I ripped that block out of the car and purchased a SGI block, Fully roller 206 206 comp cams Harland sharp assembly, TRW forged pistons and girdle , main caps, arp studded and bolts. The whole nine yards easy 10 second motor combo. After that I decided to replace the whole front suspension and paint the engine bay. Jeep steering shaft , new control arm's and a fully race built 200r4. Now after about 8000 dollars and some hard work learning the car I think my next run at the car will be very successful. I wouldn't be too upset if I was you, It sounds like you had a shitty motor to start with. If you do decide to rebuild that motor maybe search around on the forum for a LC2 that you can just drop in. At the end of the day if you really do love your GN and it makes you laugh and smile like a giddy school girl. Tame that bitch and make it your own.

Here is my build thread and a little burnout from when I got my car.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=48713

Go easy on him a little. I have a feeling he's learned the engine is shot and as a side effect the car's pretty much totalled. He's a student and this was his DD so it's not like it can set in the garage and eat up money for a while without running.
No different than me in 1976. Didn't have a forum to find out what to do either, had learn on my own.

Did Danny ever post up where he is located so maybe at least a member could help him trouble shoot his problem? I'm still placing my bet on a head gasket blow into lifter valley or a spent rod bearing.

Did Danny ever post up where he is located so maybe at least a member could help him trouble shoot his problem? I'm still placing my bet on a head gasket blow into lifter valley or a spent rod bearing.

Deeeetroit
Or - Detroit is you want to speak French.

I have enjoyed this thread immensely! Oh fellas.....
Do you know what fat girls always give the best head?
Because they are always hungry!

Now that's going "Fast with Class".
Ugghhh
Glad my 12 year old daughter is not reading my watched threads.

The only difference is the Grinch actually has a heart. :D

He got a healthy dose of bad advice about a month or so and it ended up with him running the engine with no oil pressure. I'm pretty sure a mortal wound was inflicted and it manifest while overrevving in 1st with lateral Gs on the oil pan. It was most likely a double whammy at the worst possible time for it to happen.
Couple that with the car being a hotair, the numbers just don't jive unless it's a sentimental labor of love.

I know it.
I bet you have a reconditioned "Oil Pump By Earl" implanted in there.
With a timing cover stapled to the front of your chest.
Non-Chinese brand of course!
:D

It's a cavity where I store beer bottle tops. That way the next afternoon, I can count the and know how much I drank :)

The timing covers are laying all over my living room. I sometimes step on them getting to my prOn. lol

Hey hey heyyyyyy sorry guys I was MIA for a while! I decided to put the GN aside for a few and saved up and bought a rusty but trusty beater as my winter car.
I had to touch up a few things on the truck so I was distracted from the Buick but now that I got the truck running, I'm back at the Buick. School also had me whipped
But anyways I've yet to solve this engine pounding noise.. my garage is so fucking cold it's hard to crawl under the car(pussy)

Well I just started it up and it misfire and didn't start. I went to start it up again and It wouldn't idle.. I'm in for some deep trouble with this motor.

And if you really want to see these 'FAT' chicks I can send you there names and if you are REALLLY interested you can look them up on Facebook lolol

Why would you be so confident with that guess? Just curious

Glad you made it back!!Also glad to see you did not give up on the GN.Get to work and figure it out,it can be fixed.When you do get it fixed,you must promise no more than one fat chick in the car at a time:yuck:I see you got a truck for a DD,That should be good to load up all the fat chicks you can handle in the back:wtf:.Let us know something along the way and good luck!!

Why would you be so confident with that guess? Just curious

Danny, Just from all the years of seeing people beat the snot out of their cars & the things that normally fail. It's wishful thinking to think donuts out in the parking lot caused you to have a trans knocking problem, Sure it could happen but highly unlikely. Do the leak down test 1st and go from there.....