You can type here any text you want

motor mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
JCSTTA: Are the transmission cooler lines "CLOSE" to the tangs on the new motor
mount? I think I remember one of the develpoment guys saying they "cut" that material off to allow for build variation - Just curious. Turbota. This is good stuff !!!!!!!!!:)

JCSTTA, I tried to view your pictures, and like Jan, I need some sort of "permission" to view them (at least thats the message i get when I try to look at them) I am glad you had success with your mount swap. Don't remember how i got my rt. side out . Hopefully someone in the site knows. Thanx for the feedback on your swap. Turbota.

taking the starter off will let you see your work alot easier and make the mount bolt more accessable.

This link should work http://www.team3rdgen.com/modules.p...lery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=5 The mounts actually went on without any problems. The driverside tangs ended up being about a half inch from the engine. That made me a little nervious so I pulled it back out and shaved about a 1/4 inch off the tang. It probally would have been fine without being shaved but, better safe than sorry. I can't believe how much higher my motor is sitting now. Must have been sagging 2 inches

So the outcome: 42 dollars and I have new motor mounts for both sides installed.:eek:

Link works fine, thanks for the pictures where they taken before or after you sheved off some material on the tangs?

Can't wait to install my mounts I picked up at Napa a couple of weeks back, paid about $30 each I think.

Pics were before I shaved a little off. I installed them then removed them and shaved it off. Nothing more than 30 seconds with the dremel. If you hold the old one next to the new one you'll see the difference.

For all you 100% guys. They left mount has a white L while the right mount has no making (at least that how mine were)

Can we put this one to bed ?? Truly glad this helped. Turbota:) :) :) JCSTTA, Nice job on the pictures. Thanx - Turbota

Yeah this one is a done deal. My car is back together and running better than ever :D

To right side mounts it is>

Back