Motor Rebuild

You still need it to set the cam sensor and if you ever want to verify timing on crank sensor.

Another question. Do you guys rebuild your own turbos or do you send them out to get done. So, as I've mentioned this is my first turbo car. But I know my way around a wrench. I've seen a few videos doesn't look like anything crazy. Just trying to get feedback on this point. Just in case anyone is curious I have no idea if it's good or bad. Purchased car and everything was in boxes. But so far all engine components are good.

Another question. Do you guys rebuild your own turbos or do you send them out to get done. So, as I've mentioned this is my first turbo car. But I know my way around a wrench. I've seen a few videos doesn't look like anything crazy. Just trying to get feedback on this point. Just in case anyone is curious I have no idea if it's good or bad. Purchased car and everything was in boxes. But so far all engine components are good.

Send your turbo to Bison, like the rest of us do.

"Who/ where is bison?"

Bison is a Turbo genius, PM him with whatever your needs may be. There are many, many people on this site that have either had their turbos re-built by him or bought a new turbo from him. He also has cams, heads or whatever you may need.

Engine is completely dismantled. Time to order all my gaskets. I was hoping someone could help with a list of all the gaskets I need. I just don't like ordering then remembering I forgot to order the "intake gasket" or something like that.

Rock auto has a Victor Reinz kit less intake and down pipe gasket I used it on mine the VR head gasket is preferred by some over the Felpro I have used both with good success
#953169VR

If RFC decides to do the IC conversion I will donate a pass side header to him, the 1985 crossover pipe he has will work!

Nick, about to start purchasing parts to do the conversion. Would love to get that pass side header.

Rock auto has a Victor Reinz kit less intake and down pipe gasket I used it on mine the VR head gasket is preferred by some over the Felpro I have used both with good success
#953169VR

+1 Used this kit on my build, worked great. I bought a different rear main seal, the kit comes with the rope seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk