You can type here any text you want

Motor stumbles and dies during ebrake spool up.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Im a little confused with this problem. The TTA is almost ready to hit the streets but then i found this.

While trying to spool up the turbo while on the foot brake, and ebrake the check engine light comes on ad the motor quits. This occurs every time , at about 2000 Rpm. If I manupulate the throttle i can keep the car running.

I did a quick once over of the battery cables but have yet to check grounds. I did not dis assemble the cables or remove the wire loom . I know this is common with the Regals.I also have not checked for codes due to the extender chip-SM update.

Are these common issues with the TTA. The car is stock with only new valve springs , 340 FP, and fresh blue top injectors, SM and KN filter. The car also has a MAF T, 3.5 MAF and Extender chip.

My GN used to do that.... was the battery cable shorting to the pass header.... motor rocks over hard on hard acceleration.... I also had a busted drivers motor mount that didn't help matters either...

You got DS or powerlogger you can log it?

No loggin scan tool other than the Scan master. This is the first time in a very long time I have messed around with a stock ecm car. Thats what I suspected. The pass side mount on this car is dead. The motor leans noticeably. I guess i better start uncovering wires and check this out.

Back