Motor Swap Question

84GNwith87eng

My GN needs new floors and complete overhaul, I'm tempted to have the motor swapped in this 88TA I found, its only $600

Anyone know the difficulties encountered in doing this swap, like what extra parts are needed or have to be fabricated?

BTW, this car has a digital dash, is that a problem?

You would probably get better responces in the Hybrid section or on another forum.
But what I know-unless you have lots of money for TTA heads and headers you will lose the a/c. You will probably want to switch transmissions-you will have to, to get the BOP pattern. And of course mounts.
Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Look up 87gta-turbo (Steve) on this board. He did an LC-2 swap in his '87GTA. :)

Actually....a friend of mine did this swap several years ago into an 88 GTA and it ran pretty damn good on FWD N/A 3.8 heads. He did not lose the A/C. He also kept the POS 700R4 tranny, and though it ran ok...it was never able to keep up with a real TTA...the 700 has different gearing that never seemed to work properly with the power the 3.8 turbo motor made. I think shortly after the swap he took it down a track and pulled a 14.1 at 100 mph out of it. Not bad but I think it would have done significantly better with a 200 in it.